Abundant Life Crusades
Symbols of the Holy Spirit in Scripture!
The Bible revels the Holy Spirit with different symbols. In this outline we list 7 of those symbols and with each one it show the greatest of God. Many Christians live in spiritual poverty. They are entitled to the gifts of the Holy Spirit and his energizing power, but they are not aware of their birthright
John 16:7-15 (KJV) 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
I. The Sprit comes upon Jesus as a DOVE!
- Mark 1:9-11 (KJV) 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
A. The dove is a symbol of Peace.
B. Jesus gives peace.
- John 14:27 (KJV) - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
II. He comes as a CLOUD!
- Exodus 33:9 (KJV) - And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses.
A. He will supply our needs as He did for Israel in the wilderness.
- Isaiah 44:3 (KJV) For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
- Psalm 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
A. The Bible is filled with the Holy Spirit anointing with oil.
B. Oil flows everywhere, it can get in the smallest of places.
1. Even into the hidden parts of our heart.
2. That is how the Lord is the discerner of thoughts and intents of our hearts.
IV. The Holy Spirit in the WIND!
- John 3:8 (KJV) The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
A. Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they have a second wind. That is why we should wait on God daily for a fresh filling of His Spirit.
- John 4:14 (KJV) But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
- John 7:37-39 (KJV) 37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
A. The body needs about 3 quarts of water a day to operate efficiently. It helps break up and soften food. The blood, which is 90 percent H2O carries nutrients to the cells. As a cooling agent, water regulates our temperature through perspiration. And without its lubricating properties, our joints and muscles would grind and creak like unused parts of some old rusty machinery.
1. The Spirit does this to our spiritual body, keeping lubricated for His service.
- Matthew 3:11 (KJV) I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
"He makes His ministers a flame of fire. … God deliver me from the dread sbestos of 'other things.' Saturate me with the oil of the Spirit that I may be aflame. But flame is transient, often short lived. Canst thou bear this, my soul - short life? ... Make me thy fuel, Flame of God." Jim Elliot,
- Acts 2:13 (KJV) Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
A. The Wine shows the joy that the Holy Spirit gives us.
1. This joy gives us strength. Nehemiah 8:10 (KJV)...for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
2. Peter's sermon with the joy of the Holy Spirit won thousands that day of Pentecost.
- Acts 2:14-17 (KJV) 14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
There is only one Baptism of the Holy Spirit but we all need to be filled with the Holy Spirit daily. If we do we will be over comers and able to do the perfect Will of God.
- Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
God bless you and yours!
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News