Many times we are discouraged when we do not see the answer to our
prayers. It can also be very depressing. However, before we lay the
reason on God or others perhaps we need to look inward to ourselves. In
this outline we list some of the hindrances we have to an answer to our
I. Hindrance number one is Prayerlessness.
A. We just do not spend enough time in prayer and we do persist in our
- James 4:2 (KJV) Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and
cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
B. We must pray with persistence.
- Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV) 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye
shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that
asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh
it shall be opened.
C. How do we overcome?
1. Remember God does hear and answer prayer.
2. We are live in the Spirit with a live our unceasing prayer
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (KJV) Pray without ceasing.
3. Be devoted to prayer and thanksgiving. Colossians 4:2
(KJV) Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
II. Hindrance number two is Unconfessed Sin.
- Psalms 66:18 (KJV) If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not
A. Let the Holy Spirit give you a spirit of sensitivity to sin. John 16:8
(KJV) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of
righteousness, and of judgment:
B. The Word teaches us to forgive others as God forgives us in the Lords
C. Mark 11:25 (KJV) And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought
against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you
III. Hindrance three can be Selfishness.
- James 4:2-3 (KJV) 2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to
have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye
ask not. 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may
consume it upon your lusts.
A. How do we deal with this hindrance?
1. Begin with a motivation check,
a. Search you own heart.
2. Ask God if your motives are correct.
3. Do pray for yourself. There are many that did so in the
a. Jesus taught us to do so for ourselves in
4. Pray the Will of God. How? Pray the Word.
- 1 John 5:14 (KJV) And this is the confidence that we have
in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
IV. Hindrance five can be the lack of faith. God will not bless
- James 1:6-7 (KJV) 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he
that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the
A. To have God answer prayer you must have faith in Him.
- Mark 11:22 (KJV) And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in
B. You must believe that God can answer you and that nothing is too hard
for the Lord.
- Jeremiah 32:17 (KJV) Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and
the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing
too hard for thee:
C. What can we do?
1. Deal with any sin in your life.
2. Draw closer to the Lord.
3. Feed on the Word.
- Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and
hearing by the word of God.
4. Count your blessings.
5. Hear and read testimonies of others.
6. Pray the promises of God.
V. Hindrance number 5 is quitting too soon.
A. Jesus gives us two parables about perseverance in prayer. Luke 11:5:8,
Luke 18: 1-5
B. What to do?
1. Determine to persevere in prayer.
2. Do not give up until you receive the answer.
3. Pray the impossible.
- Matthew 19:26 (KJV) But Jesus beheld them, and said unto
them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
VI. Hindrance number 6 is our broken relationships.
A. God is concerned about our relations.
- Matthew 22:39 (KJV) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself.
1. With our husband or wife.
- 1 Peter 3:7 (KJV) Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them
according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker
vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your
prayers be not hindered.
2. With everyone.
- Matthew 5:24 (KJV) Leave there thy gift before the altar,
and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and
offer thy gift.
B. What do we do?
1. Confront our feelings we may have about others.
2. Be quick to reconcile with others.
3. Remember God knows our hearts.
- Romans 12:18 (KJV) If it be possible, as much as lieth in
you, live peaceably with all men.
4. Pray that God will give you the power to love others as
Friends May God's abundant life fill you this year 2010 and overflow
rivers of living water through you (John 7:38). and I uphold you and all
the dear ones in your family with my fervent prayers. I am certain that
the Almighty Lord who is very much concerned about your well being will
take care of all your needs.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus
Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with you all...
- 2 Corinthians 13:14.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
ęCopyright 2002-2023 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles