- Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a
cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which
doth so easily.
Words spoken in harmony with God’s Word will always work
wonders. Our confession always precedes our possession.
Whether positive or negative, we will have what we say!
Proverbs 6:2 (KJV) Thou art snared with the words of
thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Bible search results
- Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips;
Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is
near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him.
Here is a list of statements we should not confess with the
promise of God that we should confess.
I. We should not talk sickness.
- Isaiah 53:5 (KJV) But he was wounded for our
transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the
chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes
we are healed.
A. Isaiah looked ahead but to the finished Work of Christ in:
- 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins
in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins,
should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were
II. Do not talk weakness when the Bible says:
- Psalms 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of
whom shall I be afraid?
III. Do not talk defeat when the Bible says:
- Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more
than conquerors through him that loved us.
1. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is
the true failure.
2. You must have long-range goals to keep you from being
frustrated by short-term failures.
3. Failure is an event, never a person.
IV. Do not talk lack when the Bible says:
- Phil. 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
V. Do not talk bondage when the Bible says:
- John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you
free, ye shall be free indeed.
VI. Do not talk fear when the Bible says:
- 2 Tim. 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of
fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
1. Keep your fears to yourself; share your courage with
2. Sometimes the Lord calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the
storm rage and calms his child.
VII. Do not talk discouragement when the Bible says:
- Phil. 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that
he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until
the day of Jesus Christ:
VIII. Do not talk worry when the Bible says:
- Matt. 6:31-33 Therefore take no thought, saying,
What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal
shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the
Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye
have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom
of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be
added unto you.
1. Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.
2. Why worry when you can trust. It is like a rocking chair,
it give you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.
3. Every evening I turn worries over to God. He's going to be
up all night anyway.
4. Worry pulls tomorrow's cloud over today's sunshine.
IX. Do not talk guilt and condemnation when the Bible
- Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation
to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the
flesh, but after the Spirit.
X. With our mouth confession is made unto salvation
- Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth
unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made
This includes healing, deliverance, every spiritual and
physical blessing provided for in Christ.
Jesus said in John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my
words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall
be done unto you.
A. I choose and want the to say what the Word of God says than my flesh
or mind would say. How about you?