God's plan and design
for your life.
Many times people ask the question, "Why am I here, what is the purpose
of my life, what is the meaning of life or what has God done for me
personally"? Well in this sermon outline we point out 10 provisions God
has provided to give you real purpose and meaning for your life.
I. First and most important is the Grace of God.
- Ephesians 2:8 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that
not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
1. We do not buy our salvation it is the gift of God.
2. It is not a gift 'from' but the gift 'of' God.
a. God is in His Salvation.
II. Paid for with the blood of Jesus.
- 1 Peter 1:18-19 (KJV) 18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not
redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain
conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the
precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1. Because God paid in full for our redemption we can be justified.
- Romans 5:9 (KJV) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we
shall be saved from wrath through him.
III. His gospel and His righteousness
- Romans 1:16 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it
is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the
Jew first, and also to the Greek.
1. The Gospel is for all people.
2. We should never be ashamed of Him. He is not ashamed of us.
- Luke 9:26 (KJV) For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words,
of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own
glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
3. He makes us righteousness. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV) For he hath made
him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the
righteousness of God in him.
IV. Sinners can be saved.
- Romans 6:23 (KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God
is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Acts 16:30-31 (KJV) 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must
I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,
and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
V. All may repent, all have sinned.
- Romans 3:23-25 (KJV) 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the
glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the
redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a
propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness
for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
- Luke 13:2-5 (KJV) 2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye
that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because
they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye
shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in
Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all
men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent,
ye shall all likewise perish.
1. Everyone can come. John 6:37 (KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall
come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
2. He is not respecter of persons. Acts 10:34 (KJV) Then Peter opened his
mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of
3. I love that old hymn 'These is room at the Cross for you'.
VI. He wants us to have a positive confession. We need to confess His
promises, His Word.
- Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the
Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth
unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto
1. Our standing before God is what He says.
2. We can have what He has promised us.
3. He will create the fruit of our lips.
- Isaiah 57:19 (KJV) I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him
that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will
VII. His plan is for us to be baptized.
- Matthew 28:19 (KJV) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing
them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- 1 Peter 3:21 (KJV) The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also
now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the
answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus
1. This is an outward confession of an inward possession.
VIII. God has a work for each of us.
- James 2:24 (KJV) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and
not by faith only.
1. It is by our works that we are seen by the world.
a. It shows the world we are following Him.
-Luke 9:23 (KJV) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
2. Our work is to follow Him and bear fruit. Matthew 7:20 (KJV) Wherefore
by their fruits ye shall know them.
IX. He give us hope.
1. Our hope is in the finished Work of Christ.
- Romans 8:24 (KJV) For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is
not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
2. Hope brings us to Christ and faith in Him saves us from our sin.
X. We run the race until we see Him face to face.
- 2 Timothy 4:7-8 (KJV) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my
course, I have kept the faith:
1. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus. 8 Henceforth there is laid
up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge,
shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also
that love his appearing.
2. Because He lives we can live also.
- Revelation 3:21 (KJV) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with
me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father
in his throne.
a. Because He overcame we can over come every mountain and
trial in our lives.
b. John 14:19 (KJV) Yet a little while, and the world seeth
me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
c. Romans 8:31 (KJV) What shall we then say to these things?
If God be for us, who can be against us?
“Be of good courage, and He shall
strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.”
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2023 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles