THE WORD WORKING
FOUR WAYS IN US!
We are living in a day when good is evil spoken of and we that do
well are being called evil. Christians not only being attacked
spiritually, but all verbally and in some cases physically. We must
do all we can so we can stand in this day.
- Romans 8:31 What
shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be
against us? If there was ever a time we need the Word in our hearts
it is now.
- Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not
sin against thee. In this outline we list four places we must have
the Word of God in our lives.
-Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that
put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put
bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (KJV)
- John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth
nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they
- Ps 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them
from their destructions. (KJV)
I. The Word should first be in our minds.
- Deut 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be
in thine heart: (KJV)
- Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law
doth he meditate day and night. (KJV)
- Ps 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not
wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper
A. We must receive the Word first in our minds to know the Word. We do
1. We hear the Word.
2. We read the Word.
3. We should know the Word
II. We need and must have to Word in our Hearts.
- Ps 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not
sin against thee. (KJV)
- Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: (KJV)
- Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
A. The word goes into our heart as we digest it in our minds. We do this
1. We chew it by meditating upon the Word.
2. We then can have a spiritual swallow.
a. This is when the Word becomes the Rhema of the
B. In our minds we can know the Word, but in our hearts we believe the
C. Have you not read a passage over and over perhaps for years, and then
one day, it becomes real to you. You just had a spiritual chew. You
now not only know but you believe it in your heart.
D. You can know a thing and not believe it.
1 When I was taught evolution in school, I knew the theory
but did not believe it.
2. When I was saved, I heard the Word first, it was in my
mind. However, when I received Christ the Word came in to my heart
and I believed the Gospel
3. Jesus Christ is the Living Word!
III. Then the Word needs to be in our MOUTH
- Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy
mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we
- Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth;
but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest
observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then
thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good
A. Three persons need to hear us speak the Work.
1. First you must hear yourself confess the Word.
a. When you do hear your self it is building
yourself up in the most holy faith.
-Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up
yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, (KJV)
b. This is what weight lifters do, football
players, they speak to the weights, and they speak to their
opponents that they can do it.
c. Jesus said to speak to the mountain of
2. Then the devil needs to hear us speak the Word.
- 1 Pet 5:9 Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that
the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in
a. This is how Jesus dealt with the devil
during his temptation.
b. We need to speak God's Word to the devil
and he will flee.
3. The God needs to hear us speak the Word.
- 2 Cor 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen,
unto the glory of God by us. (KJV)
a. When He hears us speak His Word He says
b. All His promises are Yea and Amen.
When we say Amen with God, we are agreeing
with His Word. Matt 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you
shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it
shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
- Isa 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips;
Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith
the LORD; and I will heal him.
- Isa 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant
with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words
which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth,
nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's
seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever. (KJV
IV. We need to have the Word in thy Hand.
- Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper
than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of
soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of
the thoughts and intents of the heart. (KJV)
- Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the
Spirit, which is the word of God: (KJV)
A. Having the Word in our hands means we must do the Word
- James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is
like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)
B. The Hand represents work and doing.
C. We must work the Word, by doing what He says in His Word!
V. Let us Hear, Believe, Speak and do the Word of God!
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: