|Vision of the Word!
- Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision,
the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
- Matt 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if
the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
In this sermon outline we point out the need of God’s people to have a
’Spiritual Vision of the Lord, His Word and the ministry He has for each
one of us. It is not enough for just the ministers to have a vision but
I believe that the whole church needs to have a vision that will draw
them closer each day to the Lord.
I. We need vision of God’s Word.
- Ps 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done
A. The Word brings us Salvation.
B. God’s Word brings healing and deliverance.
- Ps 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from
C. The Word gives us direction.
- Ps 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
D. We see it (read) then we love the Word.
- Ps 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
E. We are sanctified by the Word.
- 1 Tim 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. .
F. What are we do with the Word?
- 2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and octrine. .
1. We need to be ’Do’ the Word.
- James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers
only, deceiving your own selves. .
2. We need to do the commission of Jesus with a vision of the
- Mk 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world,
and preach the gospel to every creature. .
II. We need a spiritual vision of God, His Word and His purpose
for our lives.
- Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in
those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
- Acts 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the
earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
- Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into
blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
- Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the
name of he Lord shall be saved.
A. We blessed when we have a vision according to God’s Word
- Matt 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for
B. We need a vision not only for our lives but also of the world around
- John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh
harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the
fields; for they are white already to harvest.
The word of this song tells us all.
"Souls are crying, men are dying,"
As we look all around us,
All the fields are white,
They’re ripened unto harvest,
Yet so quickly comes the night.
Christians must get busy,
There’s so much work to do.
Here’s an urgent task awaiting you.
Souls are crying, men are dying,
Won’t you lead them to the cross.
Go and find them, Please help to win them
Win the lost at any cost.
Check your fold, my Christian brother,
See if all your children are in.
Are there some still straying in the
Blackened fields of sin.
You must go out and win them,
Go quickly without delay;
Soon the trump of God shall end the day.
Go out and win, rescue from sin,
Day’s almost done, and the battle’s almost won.
Souls are crying, men are dying;
Win the lost at any cost.
C. Vision will cause us to do
something for the Lord.
- Joel 3:13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you
down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is
D. We need to see the need of this generation.
- Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day
of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
E. What we do not want to hear on that last day spoken from our
- Jer 8:20 The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not
III. Have a vision of the wonderful marvel of God’s Word.
A. Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not
- John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth
nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are
1. Vision helps bring an answer to prayer.
- John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye
shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
IV. Have a vision of God and His Word you will never be ashamed
of the Lord nor of His Word.
A. Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words
in this adulterous and sinful generation; of
him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of
his Father with the holy angels.
V. Vision comes in the old fashion way, PRAYER, FASTING AND
WORD OF GOD.
A. The first step to this is no doubt 2 Chronicles 7:14-15 (KJV) 14 If my
people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray,
and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from
heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 15 Now
mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is
made in this place.
For more help and info go to: www.abundantlifecrusades.com or
God bless you and yours.
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram