Thanksgiving for Jesus
and His Wonderful Name!
Thanksgiving for Jesus!
- Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of
the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I. All Our Thanksgiving should be offered and given through Jesus.
- Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to
be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Col 1:13 Who
hath delivered usfrom the power of darkness, and hath translated us into
the kingdom of his dear Son:
- Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the
forgiveness of sins:
II. Why should we give thanks through Jesus?
- Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every
- Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and
that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or
dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him,
and for him:
- Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
- Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the
beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have
- Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness
- Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him
to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be
things in earth, or things in heaven.
A. Jesus is our lawyer in heaven.
- 1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye
sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus
Christ the righteous:
- 1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and
men,the man Christ Jesus;
- Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that
come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for
III. Through His Name:
A. The Father receives our thanks through Him
1. We show the Father thanks by doing this and act upon John 1:12 But as
many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name:
IV There is No Name like His Name!
A. Salvation is only in His Name.
- Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none
other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
B. The Father answers prayer only through His Name.
- John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I
say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will
give it you.
- John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye
shall receive, that your joy may be full.
C. The devil and his demons fear His Name.
- Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even
the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
- Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name
shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
D. There is Healing is in His Name.
- James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the
church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name
of the Lord:
- James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord
shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be
forgiven him. James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray
one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of
a righteous man availeth much.
- (Psa 100:4 KJV) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his
courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
- (Psa 100:5 KJV) For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and
his truth endureth to all generations.
This Thanksgiving we should remember to thank God for
His Character & Nature.
[Evidenced By His Actions &
Affirmed In His Word] -- Ps 100:4-5; 107:1, 8, 15, 21, 31; Jer 33:11
1. For the creation of the universe-- Psalm 136:1-9 (see Psalm
19:1-6; Romans 1:21
2. For creating mankind -- Psalm 139:13-16
3. For deliverance and salvation - Ex 15; Ps 18:49; 30:4, 12;
86:12-13; 118:21; Isa 12:1, 4; 25:1; Col 1:12
4. And we Should Thank God For His Wondrous Works -- Psalm 9:1;
5. We Should Thank God For All Of His Gracious Provisions Ps104.
6. We Should Thank God For His Grace And Mercy, And For Withholding
The Punishment Which We Deserve – Ps 103:6-12.
7. We Should Thank God For The Blessings And Joys Of Fellowship With
Him. Ps 73; Jam 1:1-2
8. We Should Thank God For His Revelations Through Creation & His
Word -- Ps 19; 119.
9. We Should Thank God For His Wondrous Work In The Lives Of Others
-- Ps 107; 109:30-31; 1 Thess 1;2; 2 Thess 1:3; Eph 1:16; Col 1:3
10. We Should Thank God For His Future Work, Based On His Purposes &
Promises -- Ps 79; 92; 2 Chron 20:1 -- 31:2
Unsaved: Show your Thanksgiving to God by giving your life to Him.
Believer: Thanksgiving with life change. [Sanctification] (Eph.