Thanksgiving for Jesus
and His Wonderful Name!
Thanksgiving for Jesus!
- Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of
the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I. All Our Thanksgiving should be offered and given through Jesus.
- Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to
be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Col 1:13 Who
hath delivered usfrom the power of darkness, and hath translated us into
the kingdom of his dear Son:
- Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the
forgiveness of sins:
II. Why should we give thanks through Jesus?
- Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every
- Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and
that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or
dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him,
and for him:
- Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
- Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the
beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have
- Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness
- Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him
to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be
things in earth, or things in heaven.
A. Jesus is our lawyer in heaven.
- 1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye
sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus
Christ the righteous:
- 1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and
men,the man Christ Jesus;
- Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that
come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for
III. Through His Name:
A. The Father receives our thanks through Him
1. We show the Father thanks by doing this and act upon John 1:12 But as
many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name:
IV There is No Name like His Name!
A. Salvation is only in His Name.
- Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none
other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
B. The Father answers prayer only through His Name.
- John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I
say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will
give it you.
- John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye
shall receive, that your joy may be full.
C. The devil and his demons fear His Name.
- Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even
the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
- Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name
shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
D. There is Healing is in His Name.
- James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the
church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name
of the Lord:
- James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord
shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be
forgiven him. James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray
one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of
a righteous man availeth much.
- (Psa 100:4 KJV) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his
courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
- (Psa 100:5 KJV) For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and
his truth endureth to all generations.
This Thanksgiving we should remember to thank God for
His Character & Nature.
[Evidenced By His Actions &
Affirmed In His Word] -- Ps 100:4-5; 107:1, 8, 15, 21, 31; Jer 33:11
1. For the creation of the universe-- Psalm 136:1-9 (see Psalm
19:1-6; Romans 1:21
2. For creating mankind -- Psalm 139:13-16
3. For deliverance and salvation - Ex 15; Ps 18:49; 30:4, 12;
86:12-13; 118:21; Isa 12:1, 4; 25:1; Col 1:12
4. And we Should Thank God For His Wondrous Works -- Psalm 9:1;
5. We Should Thank God For All Of His Gracious Provisions Ps104.
6. We Should Thank God For His Grace And Mercy, And For Withholding
The Punishment Which We Deserve – Ps 103:6-12.
7. We Should Thank God For The Blessings And Joys Of Fellowship With
Him. Ps 73; Jam 1:1-2
8. We Should Thank God For His Revelations Through Creation & His
Word -- Ps 19; 119.
9. We Should Thank God For His Wondrous Work In The Lives Of Others
-- Ps 107; 109:30-31; 1 Thess 1;2; 2 Thess 1:3; Eph 1:16; Col 1:3
10. We Should Thank God For His Future Work, Based On His Purposes &
Promises -- Ps 79; 92; 2 Chron 20:1 -- 31:2
Unsaved: Show your Thanksgiving to God by giving your life to Him.
Believer: Thanksgiving with life change. [Sanctification] (Eph.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be of
more help or if you want more information please visit: