Where the Spirit of the Lord
is, there is liberty.
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that
Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
The Spirit of God is always
the spirit of liberty; the spirit that is not of God is the spirit of
bondage, the spirit of oppression and depression. The Spirit of God convicts
vividly and tensely, but He is always the Spirit of liberty. God who made
the birds never made birdcages; it is men who make birdcages, and after a
while we become cramped and can do nothing but chirp and stand on one leg.
When we get out into God’s great free life, we discover that that is the way
God meant us to live "the glorious liberty of the children of God." - Oswald
- Imagine being given a check for a million
dollars and never cashing it.
- Imagine having a freezer and cupboard full of food and never eating.
- Imagine dangling precariously on a rope when there is a ladder within your
- Imagine living a life of defeat and despair when there is no reason to do so.
And where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is
If you read 2 Corinthians 3 you will discover that God does not want us under
the bondage of law keeping or self-effort. Instead He wants us to have the
freedom of the Holy Spirit working in our lives. Because the Holy Spirit is
present within us, all we need to do is reach for it by faith. We live such
self-defeating lives that God never intended us to live.
I. FREEDOM TO BELONG -
- Rom 8:15 KJV For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
- Rom 8:16 KJV The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are
the children of God:
- Rom 8:17 KJV And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with
Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified
You are a child of God and therefore part of the family of God.
II. FREEDOM TO SERVE -
- 2 Cor 3:5 KJV Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of
ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
- 2 Cor 3:6 KJV Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not
of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth
We are ministers of God. His sufficiency to serve comes from God.
III. FREEDOM TO BE GUIDED -
- Rom 8:14 KJV For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of
- Psa 32:8 KJV I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt
go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Liberty is the right to discipline ourselves in order not to be disciplined by
IV. FREEDOM TO WITNESS -
- Acts 1:8 KJV But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come
upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all
Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
The gospel is not something we go to church to hear; it is something we go from
the church to tell. When Christians live the gospel, sinners will listen to the
gospel. Let’s reach out to a world in need with the Word it needs.
V. FREEDOM TO LEARN -
- John 16:13 KJV Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide
you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall
hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
- John 16:14 KJV He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall
show it unto you.
- John 16:15 KJV All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I,
that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.
VI. FREEDOM TO PRODUCE -
- Gal 5:22 KJV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith,
- Gal 5:23 KJV Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Love is the key. Joy is love singing. Peace
is love resting. Long-suffering is love enduring. Kindness is love’s touch.
Goodness is love’s character. Faithfulness is love’s habit. Gentleness is
love’s self-forgetfulness. Self-control is love holding the reins. - Donald
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2021 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles