|SEVEN WORKS THE HOLY
SPIRIT WILL DO IN OUR LIVES!
In this outline sermon I am listing seven ways in which the Holy Spirit
helps us with our daily Christian walk. Many times we look to our own abilities
when we need to understand that God has given us a helper in our walk with Him.
He gave of Himself in the person of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that He was not
only a comforter but also a helper.
I. The Holy Spirits tries to lead us in our daily walk.
A. The first work He does is, leads us to Christ.
1. He never forces us, He gently leads us.
- Rom 8:14 (KJV) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God,
they are the sons of God.
2. He leads us to Christ so that we can receive Him as our
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power
to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
II. He will cause fruit to come into our lives.
- Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against
such there is no law.
III. The Holy Spirit gives us strength for each day we face.
- Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his
glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
A. It is the Holy Spirit that gives our spirit the strength to face:
2. The trials of Life
3. The enemy (temptations)
4. Our work, (our calling)
5.The disappointments and victories.
IV. The Holy Spirit helps us to remember the Word of God.
- John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father
will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to
your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
A. I know that many times the Holy Spirit brings thoughts and scripture
to my mind when I am preaching that I never planned to use.
1. It is because there is someone who needs it.
B. He will help us remember when we are face with people we are trying to
win to Christ.
C. He will do it when we face crisis in our lives.
1. His Word always gives us strength to overcome.
V. He makes know the things of God that we need in our lives.
- 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear
heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath
prepared for them that love him.
- 1 Cor 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit
searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
A. The Holy Spirit searches our hearts.
B. He makes known things that we cannot think.
1. There is a clause, to them that love God.
VI. He helps us understand the Word of God.
- 1 Corinthians 2: 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but
the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given
to us of God.
A. It is not the spirit of this world.
1. There too many wrong things going on in the world that is
cause by the spirit of the anti Christ.
2. We need to have our hearts tuned into hear the Holy
3. We know the Holy Spiritís voice as He speaks according to
the Word of God. He never goes against Godís Word.
4. I have had people come to me for council just to find out
they have been to others. Their problem they said they wanted the Will of God.
However, they just wanted someone to agree with them.
a. I always say that the Will of God is Godís
Word and the perfect Will of God for our lives is the Word of God.
b. To know Godís Will for our lives we need to
read and study it.
VII. He can create in us a life to serve the Lord.
- Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come
upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all
Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
A. We cannot truly serve God without the help of the Holy Spirit.
B. He will give us wisdom as we witness. How!
- Proverbs 11:30 (KJV) The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and
he that winneth souls is wise.
C. We cannot with the help of the Holy Spirit lose for He has won.
D. We cannot go under for going over.
1. I am not looking for the Undertaker, but for the
- Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God
be for us, who can be against us?
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: