Abundant Life Crusades
|SEVEN THINGS THE HOLY
SPIRIT DOES IN OUR LIVES!
I. He speaks to us.
A. Acts 8:29 (KJV) Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
B. He speaks through His written Word
C. He speaks to our hearts.
II. He teaches us.
A. John 14:26 (KJV) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
1. He can teach us all things.
2. He can bring His Word back to you in remembrance when the need arises.
III. He guides us through our daily walk.
A. John 16:13 (KJV) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
1. He never takes us to an untruth.
a. He is truth itself. John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
b. He is the way not a way.
c. He is the truth not a truth.
d. He is the life and not a life.
IV. He will also forbid us.
A. He will forbid us to go to certain areas and places of our lives.
- Acts 16:6 (KJV) Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,
V. He reproves and corrects us.
- John 16:8 (KJV) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
VI. He testifies of Himself.
- John 15:26 (KJV) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
A. When I preach the Gospel I am dependent on the Holy Spirit to convict people of their sin and reveal Jesus to them.
VII. The Holy Spirit appoints.
- Acts 13:2 (KJV) As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
A. I believe that the Holy Spirit appoints every true minister of the Gospel.
B. Man and even Bible Schools cannot truly appoint a true minister of God.
C. A ministry should be called by the Holy Spirit and then prepare himself with the help of the Holy Sprit to be a good minister of the Gospel that saves and sets people free.
D. God's appointment like His salvation is forever.
- Romans 11:29 (KJV) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
God bless you and yours.
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
www.tonyabram.com or go to: