Seven Reasons The Gospel Is
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone
round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings
of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in
swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host
praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
I. The Gospel Is Good News Because It Banishes Fear. – Vs. 10 – “fear not”
1. In vs. 9 we are told that the shepherds were “sore afraid”.
2. There had been no word from God for 400 years. – No word until this angel
spoke to announce the birth of Christ.
3. The remedy to fear is the Gospel.
- 2 Tim 1 :7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of
love, and of a sound mind.
II. The Gospel Is Good News Because It Brings Great Joy. – Vs. 10
“Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy”
Christ brings joy into the lives of all who come to Him and trust Him.
- John 15 :11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in
you, and that your joy might be full.
- Neh 8:10b …. for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the
joy of the LORD is your strength.
III. The Gospel Is Good News Because It Is For All People. – Vs. 10
“I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.”
1. The prophet Haggai 2:7 calls Christ – “the Desire of all Nations” And I will
shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill
this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
2. Why? – Because all need Christ.
IV. The Gospel Is Good News Because It Emphasizes The Individual. – Vs. 11
Jesus preached one of his greatest sermons to one man. Nicodemus.
- John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
V. The Gospel Is Good News Because It Saves – Vs. 11
“A Savior, which is Christ the Lord”
1. He is the Savior from Sin.
– Heb. 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come
unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
2. He is the Savior from our self.
– Rom. 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free
from the law of sin and death.
3. He is the Savior from Satan
– Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and
from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and
inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
- John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- John 8:36. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
VI. The Gospel Is Good News Because It Glorifies God. – Vs. 14
“Glory to God in the highest.”
1. The Gospel proclaims God’s remedy for sin.
- 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have
fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us
from all sin.
2. The gospel proclaims God’s promise of eternal life.
- John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that
believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
3. Nothing glorifies God so much as the Gospel of His Grace.
- Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Every time we preach the gospel, God is glorified.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles