Jesus Received His
Name In Three Ways!
In sermon outline we present
three ways in which Jesus received His wonderful Name. We can see for
these few points how powerful and wonderful is His Name and to know we
are called by that Name. This outline can open the door to not only the
blessings of the Lord, but also to a series of messages on His Name.
- Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name
of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by
I. Jesus received His Name first by inheritance.
- Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by
inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. (KJV)
A. He inherited His Name because He was with the Father in the beginning.
- Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath
appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
B. Because He is the Son of God.
a. He is divine.
- Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the
express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his
power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right
hand of the Majesty on high; (KJV)
C. There is no other Name that gives us Salvation.
- Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord
shall be saved.
- Acts 4:12 (KJV) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is
none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
D. Calling on His Name and receiving Him makes us a part of the Family of
- John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become
the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
II. Because of what Jesus did for us, His Name was bestowed on Him by
the Father God!
- Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be
equal with God: Phil 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took
upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phil 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and
became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Phil 2:9
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which
is above every name: Phil 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee
should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under
the earth; (KJV)
A. He was equal with God.
B. He became a servant.
C. He became a man.
D. He became obedient unto death..
E. Even the death of the cross. Gal 3:13 (the cross being a curse)
F. The Father saw this and exalted Him.
G. The Father gave Him a Name above every Name.
1. That Name brings Salvation.
- Matthew 1:21 (KJV) And she shall bring forth a son, and
thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their
2. Answer to prayer.
3. Healing for the spirit, mind and body.
4. Demons fear that Name.
5. We are called by that Name.
- Ephesians 1:19-23 (KJV) 19 And what is the exceeding
greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working
of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him
from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and
every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which
is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to
be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the
fulness of him that filleth all in all.
III. He received His Name by Conquest.
- Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew
of them openly, triumphing over them in it. (KJV)
A. He conquered hell, death and the grave.
1. He did what no one else had ever done.
2. He died, went into hell and rose from the grave.
3. Because He lives we shall live also.
IV. Now we, because we are children of God have the right of
- Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be
partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
- Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and
hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
A. We have been purchased with the full price of God’s love.
B. Not only to we have a right to inheritance but also we are also heirs
and joint heirs with Christ. Praise the Lord!
- ROM 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs
with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also
glorified together. (KJV)
When we surrender to God all we are and have, then all He has is ours
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: