Abundant Life Crusades
|Queen of Sheba came
Seeking and Finding
- 1 Kings 10:1 And when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the LORD, she came to prove him with hard questions.
- 1 Kings 10:2 And she came to Jerusalem with a very great train, with camels that bare spices, and very much gold, and precious stones: and when she was come to Solomon, she communed with him of all that was in her heart.
- 1 Kings 10:3 And Solomon told her all her questions: there was not any thing hid from the king, which he told her not.
- 1 Kings 10:4 And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon's wisdom, and the house that he had built,
- 1 Kings 10:5 And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his ascent by which he went up unto the house of the LORD; there was no more spirit in her.
- 1 Kings 10:6 And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom.
- 1 Kings 10:7 Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.
In this sermon outline we see the Queen coming to the King. She did 5 things and left the King with what she heard of and desired. We too can come to Christ and receive what is needed in our lives according to His Will and Word. We too can come seeking and finding when we come to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
I. Queen of Sheba heard something.
- 1 Kings 10:1 (KJV) And when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the LORD, she came to prove him with hard questions
A. We need to spread the Good News so people can hear.
- 1. Rom 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Rom 10:18 (KJV) But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
a. We try to go everywhere we can to tell people about the Lord Jesus.
b. My wife and I have gone into over 125 countries with the Good News in the past 50 years.
II. She sought something verse and she came to prove him with hard questions.
A. Mat 7:7 (KJV) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
- Mat 7:8 (KJV) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
1. We must learn to ask in faith.
2. We must learn to ask according to His Will.
III. She brought something.
- 1 Kings 10:2 (KJV) And she came to Jerusalem with a very great train, with camels that bare spices, and very much gold, and precious stones: and when she was come to Solomon, she communed with him of all that was in her heart
A. She knew the principle of giving. Luke 6:38 (KJV) Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
1. Solomon is a type of Christ here.
a. Solomon was richest in world, God is rich does not need anything but he took it. God does not need what we have but he takes it and multiples it back to us.
- Acts 20:35 (KJV) I have showed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
IV. She saw the riches and Wisdom of Solomon.
A. It was more than she could believe.
- 1 Kings 10:7 (KJV) Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.
B. God is able to do more that we can ask or think.
- Eph 3:20 (KJV) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
1. He does it according to the Holy Spirit that works is us.
2. He has so much more prepared for us than we can think.
- 1 Cor 2:9 (KJV) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
C. We need to see God's power in the Church.
1. The Church needs to be like a healing hospital.
V. She received something from the king.
- 1 Kings 10:13 (KJV) And king Solomon gave unto the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatsoever she asked, beside that which Solomon gave her of his royal bounty. So she turned and went to her own country, she and her servants.
A. She received her desire and more.
- Mark 11:24 (KJV) Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
B. God gave abundantly.
- John 10:10 (KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
For more help and info go to www.tonyabram.com.
you and yours.