Abundant Life Crusades
Psalm of Protection and Blessing!
My wife and I have traveled and ministered in over 125 countries for the past 46 years. We have encountered many types of travel, from walking, riding mules, pulled by horses in wagons, ship, boat, canoe, train, car, bus, planes of all sort and even carried across rivers. There have been many times our lifes have been in danger. However, we have always claimed the 91st Psalm for divine protection. They have shot at us, chased us with a machete. God has protected us from stoning etc. This is one Psalm that my 95-year-old mother starts each day off with it and with the first part of Psalms 103. There is a special place of protection in the Hand of God. We will in this outline look at a few verses from this wonderful ʼPsalm of Protection and Blessing!ʼ
- Psa 91:13 KJV Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.
I. The Lion -the devil belongs under our feet.
- Luke 10:19 KJV Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
- Col 3:1 KJV If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Eph 3:1 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
A. Our position of authority is in heavenly places in Christ.
B. Everything is under His feet and we by faith sit with Him, then everything is under our feet. -Eph 1:22 KJV And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
-Heb 2:8 KJV Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
C. It is by faith we can see these blessings.
D. -1 Pet 5:8 KJV Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
There was an old preacher telling his people not to be afraid of the lion, not only is he under the feet of Jesus but the reason he roars is because Jesus pulled all his teeth and he is hurting. He makes a lot of noise but he cannot hurt us because our life is hid in Christ.
II. He will Deliver Us and continue to Deliver Us!
- Psa 34:19 KJV Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- -2 Cor 1:10 KJV Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
III. He will Set Him on High. We are here on earth but our position is in Him.
- Eph 1:3 KJV Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- Eph 1:20 KJV Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
- Eph 2:6 KJV And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
- Heb 2:8 KJV Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
A. How do we get there, by knowing His Name!
1. God says I will answer him!
-Jer 33:3 KJV Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
-Mat 7:7 KJV Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
-Mark 11:24 KJV Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
-John 16:23 KJV And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
B. God still answers prayer today.
IV. God says I will be with him.
-Psa 23:4 KJV Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
-Heb 13:5 KJV Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
-Mat 28:20 KJV Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
A. He is not a fair weather friend, He is always there in storm and in calm.
V. Honor him! He gives us an Overflowing cup.
-Ps. 23 Eastern custom of overrunning cup.
"My Cup Runneth Over" means "I have more than enough for my needs"
A honored guest would receive a overrunning cup in Bible days. The less in the cup the less honored. Jesus give us an overflowing cup
-Rev 3:21 KJV To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
VI. With long life will I satisfy him!
-Psa 103:5 KJV Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagleʼs.
VII. Shew him my salvation.
How can we see it better than here in Revelation.
-Rev 21:1 KJV And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
- 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
- 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
-Rev 22:1 KJV And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
-Rev 22:3 KJV And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
From my website at www.tonyabram.com we have this confession of His protection and love.
A Confession of God's Protection!
receive it. And we say Amen. As for me and my house we will serve
the Lord and live in His blessings!