PRESSING INTO THE
BLESSING OF GOD!
In this outline we point out what we must do to press into all that God
has for us. The enemy of our soul does not want us to press on through
to victory. He tries to hinder us on every hand. But remember we cannot
loss for winning; we cannot go under for going over. Romans 8:31 (KJV)
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be
We list some areas we must press into.
Remember the words of Jesus when he said; Matthew 11:12 (KJV) And from
the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth
violence, and the violent take it by force.
- Philippians 3:10-14 (KJV) 10 That I may know him, and the power of his
resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made
conformable unto his death; 11 If by any means I might attain unto the
resurrection of the dead. 12 Not as though I had already attained,
either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend
that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I
count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do,
forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those
things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the
high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
I. Press on with truth and if we continue in the truth it is the key
to bring blessing and will result in a harvest.
- John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make
II. Press through hardship and you will have the victory.
- 2 Timothy 2:3 (KJV) Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier
of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV) Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth
us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge
by us in every place.
III. Pressing in will require that we at times need to endure all
- 2 Timothy 2:10 (KJV) Therefore I endure all things for the elect's
sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus
with eternal glory.
- Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ which
IV. Press into Sound Doctrine
- 2 Timothy 4:3 (KJV) For the time will come when they will not endure
sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves
teachers, having itching ears;
A. We are living in an age where there is much false doctrine,
1. People want their ears tickled.
2. The devil wants us to believe a lie.
3. False ministers that want gain.
Once the Devil was walking along with one of his cohorts. They saw a man
ahead of them pick up something shiny. "What did he find?" asked the
cohort. "A piece of the truth," the Devil replied. "Doesn't it bother
you that he found a piece of the truth?" asked the cohort. "No," said
the Devil, "I will see to it that he makes a religion out of it."
V. We must press past afflictions.
- 2 Timothy 4:5 (KJV) But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions,
do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
A. We can do it.
- Philippians 4:13 (KJV) I can do all things through Christ which
VI. When we do wrong, let us press through any chastening.
- Hebrews 12:7 (KJV) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as
with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
A. If we do press on we shall reign with Him.
- 2 Timothy 2:12 (KJV) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we
deny him, he also will deny us:
B. If we keep pressing on in our faith it saves us from wrath.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 (KJV) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the
victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
C. Pressing on brings blessedness.
- James 5:11 (KJV) Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have
heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that
the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
1. The Greeks had a race in their Olympic games that was
unique. The winner was not the runner who finished first. It was the
runner who finished with his torch still lit. I want to run all the way
with the flame of my torch still lit for Him.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: