Abundant Life Crusades
|HOW TO PRAY THE PRAYER
Romans 8:14-17 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
- 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
- 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
- Gal 4:1-7 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Prayers are made all day long all over the world by all religions and even in hell, remember the rich man prayed in Luke 16 that Abraham would send the poor beggar to give him one drop of water. Most of all these prayers or perhaps none are ever answered. Even Christians pray and see seemly there is no answer. Reason usually is that they are praying the prayer of hope or of tradition rather than the ‘Prayer of Faith.’ Hope is good but it is always in the future. The Prayer of Faith is ‘NOW. God is the God of the now. The disciples ask Jesus to teach them how to pray. Why? When He prayed things happened. In this sermon outline we give the points how to pray the prayer of faith.
I. FIRST: WHO CAN PRAY THE PRAYER OF FAITH?
- James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms. (KJV)
- James 5:14 Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: (KJV)
- James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (KJV)
- James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (KJV)
A. THE RIGHTEOUS PERSON CAN PRAY THE PRAYER OF FAITH.
1. WHO IS RIGHTEOUS?
- 2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
a. We the Church are righteous, we that believe.
B. YOU DO NOT GROW IN RIGHTEOUS.
1. This is the Work of Christ!
2. It is bought and paid in full by our Lord Jesus.
3. This is our standing before God.
4. It is what He did, not what we did.
C. YOU DO GROW IN HOLINESS.
- Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. (KJV)
-1 Cor 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (KJV)
- Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which
no man shall see the Lord: (KJV)
1. Holiness should be growing in our lives.
2. My wife sings a song ‘To be like Jesus’
II. HOW DOES ONE PRAY THE PRAYER OF FAITH?
A. OUR PRAYERS ARE FIRST DIRECTED TO THE FATHER.
- Luke 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
1. Jesus said this in John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. (KJV)
a. He also pointed out that; our prayers are directed to the Father in His Name.
2. We do not pray to the saints, church, building, idol, Virgin Marge and not even to Jesus Himself. We pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus. However, we call on Jesus for Salvation, which brings us into the family of God. He sits at the Father’s right hand making intercession for us.
B. WE MUST ASK IN FAITH BELIEVING.
- Matt 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. (KJV)
- Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (KJV)
1. Many ask in hope. Hope is good. I often say hope is like a breadbasket that holds the bread, ‘faith’. It precedes faith but hope in the future. Faith is now! God is the God of the NOW! He is the great I AM!
C. WE THEN MUST ASK ACCORDING TO WILL OF GOD.
- 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (KJV) 1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
1. God’s will is God’s Word. To know the Will of God for our lives, we must read it. It is found in the New Testament. IT IS GOD’S PERFECT WILL.
2. Praying about God’s Will is not enough. We must read it.
3. When we pray, we must pray His Will, His Word is His Will.
D. WE MUST THEN HOLD FAST, HOLD ON! HOW?
1. FIRST WE MUST HAVE A POSITIVE CONFESSION.
- Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) (KJV)
a. A positive confession is saying what God has said in His Word!
2. WE MUST HAVE PATIENCE IN WAITING FOR THE ANSWER.
- Heb 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Heb 6:14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
- Heb 6:15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
- Heb 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath .
great recompence of reward. (KJV)
- Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. (KJV)
- Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. (KJV)
A. This is a hard thing for most people. We are a fast food people and we also think our prayers should be like a fast food restaurant.
B. God has a perfect timing for all our requests.
III. LIKE ALL PROMISES THE PRAYER OF FAITH IS CONDITIONATAL.
- Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. (KJV)
A. THE CONDITION IS FORGIVENESS.
1. WHEN WE PRAY WE MUST FIRST FORGIVE OTHERS
2. THEN YOU MUST FORGIVE YOURSELF.
a. Regrets are a form of unforgiveness. We must forget the past and push ahead in Christ.
B. WE CAN ONLY ACCOMBLISH THIS BY LOVE.
- Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by Love. (KJV)
Let us learn to pray the Prayer of Faith by growing in His Word, Grace, Love and Holiness.
God bless you and yours!