IS THERE POWER IN THE
In this sermon outline we look at the unchanging power of God. He is not limited
to Bible Days and stories of the Bible, but His power to save, change and
deliver is present today to work in our lives.
I. GOD IS UNCHANGING IN POWER!
A. The first reason is that He is unchanging.
- Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for
- Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of
Jacob are not consumed. (KJV)
1. What He was in Bible days He is today.
2. What He could do in Bible days His can do today.
3. He is not the great I Was or the great I Am going to
be, He is the great I AM.
a. He is a present helper in time of need
- Psa 46:1 (KJV) God is our refuge and
strength, a very present help in trouble.
4. The true God is a living, intelligent and powerful
Being. He governs all things, and knows all things that are or can be done.
5. Humility is the key to experiencing God's power.
a. Spiritual authority flows not from
titles and positions but from a life that is genuine.
II. GOD'S WORD IS UNCHANGING
A. His promises will work in our lives today.
- Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall
not pass away. (KJV)
1. When time shall be no more His Word will be
2. When this ‘stinking sinful’ world is on fire, His
Word still stand.
- Psalms 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in
3. The Word be unchanging in heaven.
a. We will be judged by His Word.
III. GOD SEES THE NEEDS OF THE WORLD AND ONLY HIS SAVING POWER CAN CHANGE THE
PEOPLE OF THE WORLD.
- Matt 9:37 (KJV) Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is
plenteous, but the labourers are few;
- Matt 9:38 (KJV) Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will
send forth labourers into his harvest.
A. God sees the need is now!
- John 4:35 (KJV) Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then
cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the
fields; for they are white already to harvest.
1. Billy Graham was once asked what we could do for
world peace. He answered was that the first step on the path to world peace was
to make peace with God first ourselves.
B. God sees that the time is short for Him to pour out His power.
- Rev 14:15 (KJV) And another angel came out of the temple,
crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and
reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is
1. It is now time for the harvest.
2. Let us be filled daily with His Spirit and He will
fill us with His power to live, work and share the Gospel with others.
- Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the
Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in
Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the
3. Crops go through three stages: green, ripe, rotten.
Harvest is effective only at one stage. Likewise, intervention, at the right
time, can produce a rich spiritual harvest.
4. The world has more winnable people than ever before
... but it is possible to come out of a ripe field empty-handed.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2020 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles