My Valentine, my Wife, my Marriage.
At the time of preparing this outline, my wife and I have been married
47 years. During that time we have been almost constantly together 24/7.
Perhaps being missionary evangelists in over 100 countries has helped us
to work, live and have a love that has continued to grow unto this day.
I have heard the statement of
couples being ’soul mates’, but I believe when 2 believers filled with
the same Holy Spirit are married, it is God who has joined them together
and no one, including the devil should be able to break that tie. In
this outline we share a simple message around the unity God has for us
and the strength and power of it for the great task of the Church with
- Eccl 4:12 (KJV) And if one
prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is
not quickly broken. The threefold cord is the married couple and the
- Mark 10:6-12 (KJV) 6 But from the beginning of
the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man
leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain
shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 10 And
in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. 11 And he
saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another,
committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her
husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
I. In the beginning, God created Adam and Eve,
- Genesis 2:18 (KJV) And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man
should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
A. He did not create Adam and Steve.
B. God did not want Adam to be alone.
C. God took Eve from Adam’s side.
1. Not from his foot to step on her.
2. Not from his head to rule over him.
3. He took her from his side to work with him and to be
sheltered under his arm for protection.
- Genesis 2:22-24 (KJV) 22 And the rib, which the LORD
God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh:
she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave
unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
II. A wife should be a good thing.
- Proverbs 18:22 (KJV) Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and
obtaineth favour of the LORD.
A. A wife is a good thing when she is a believer.
1. If we are to be one with the Lord and be like
the ’threefold cord,’ we will not have the strength of marriage with out
2. A believing wife receives favor of God.
a. She brings that blessing to
b. This also should be with the
II. Even in evangelism the Lord saw the need of unity and sent out
the workers two by two.
- Luke 10:1 (KJV) After these things the Lord appointed other seventy
also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and
place, whither he himself would come.
A. There is 10-fold strength in unity of even two.
- Deu 32:30 (KJV) How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten
thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had
shut them up?
B. Think of what can happen if the whole local church has unity.
- Lev 26:8 (KJV) And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an
hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall
fall before you by the sword.
1. Think of the prayers that can be answered when
we are united in the Spirit.
- Matthew 18:19 (KJV) Again I say unto you,
That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they
shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
a. Even in marriage God teaches the
power of unity.
III. The devil is attacking the marriage, the home and church more
now than ever before.
A. He knows his time is short.
1. Jesus is going to soon return to receive His
2. We need to be ready and one way is to have the
unity of Marriage and Church.
3. The devil wants to divide us. Mark 3:25-27
(KJV) 25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot
stand. 26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he
cannot stand, but hath an end. 27 No man can enter into a strong man’s
house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man;
and then he will spoil his house.
4. The devil want to divide the Church.
5. What can we do?
a. Surrender our lives to Christ.
b. How by first receiving Christ in
your life, family and home.
c. Make Him Lord of you life,
marriage and home.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
For more help and info please visit: