THANKSGIVING AND PRAISE!
1 Chronicles 16:4-16:12
In this brief devotion outline we list four things that God
appointed Israel to do to have VICTORY. If we apply these to our
personal lives we too can have victory in all we do. (1 Cor 15:57
KJV) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our
Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Chronicles 16:4 (KJV) And he appointed certain of the Levites to
minister before the ark of the LORD, and to record, and to thank and
praise the LORD God of Israel:
I. HE APPOINTED.
Today God appoints us to do His Work of Evangelism.
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and
preach the gospel to every creature.
A. We are to wait on Him for His power.
B. We are then to be His witness to the whole world.
- Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come
upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and
in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the
We are to love the Lord with all of our hearts. When we serve Him we
minister to Him.
A. We all have a ministry.
B. We are saved to serve.
C. If you can’t stand the smell of sheep, you shouldn’t be a shepherd.
D. You cannot pull people uphill who do not want to go; you can only
III. THANK. (Thankful)
A. We must be thankful for what God has done for us.
B. A sign of the last days, people will be unthankful.
- 2 Tim 3:2 (KJV) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous,
boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful,
C. We should give thanks in every situation we find ourselves.
- 1 Th 5:18 (KJV) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1. Perhaps not for what is happening but where you are.
Remember the 3 Hebrew children in the fire?
Because of their attitude God delivered them. .
- 1 Cor 15:57 (KJV) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the
victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Alexander Whyte, the Scottish preacher, always began his
prayers with an expression of gratitude. One cold, miserable day his
people wondered what he would say. He prayed, "We thank Thee, O
Lord, that it is not always like this."
- 1 Chron 16:9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all
his wondrous works.
- 1 Chron 16:10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them
rejoice that seek the LORD.
- 1 Chron 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face
- 1 Chron 16:12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his
wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
A. We are new creations in Christ. 2 Cor 5:17
B. God has created us to love, serve and praise Him.
- Psa 102:18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the
people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
V. Record. (Remember)
In closing we need to remember all God has done for us.
A. When we remember we will repent.
- Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold
fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on
thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon
1. When we remember, we will:
a. Hold fast.
c. We will then minister thank and praise the
Hope stands up to its
knees in the past and keeps its eyes on the future. There has never
been a time past when God wasn’t with us as the strength beyond our
strength, the wisdom beyond our wisdom, as whatever it is in our
hearts - whether we believe in God or not--that keeps us human
enough at least to get by despite everything in our lives that tends
to wither the heart and make it less than human. To remember the
past is to see that we are here today by grace, that we have
survived as a gift. - Frederick Buechner
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles