Abundant Life Crusades
Destroy the Works of the Devil!
-1 John 3:8 (KJV) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Jesus did not come to break the stronghold that the devil had on the human race, but to destroy the works of the devil. Something broken can be put back together, however, when something is destroyed it can never be put back together. Jesus came to set us free from the power of the enemy, the devil.
- John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- John 8:36 (KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
I. What did Jesus come to destroy? First, the power of sin.
A. He laid down His Life, shedding His blood to destroy the power of sin in our lives.
- Hebrews 9:22 (KJV) And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
B. John 8:36 (KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
II. Destroy sickness with His ministry and life. He paid the price.
A. - 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
B. Sickness comes from the devil, cancer etc.
1. I believe that every evil thing comes from the devil and the curse.
2. Every good thing comes from God. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
3. Divine healing comes from God and is good with the price paid in full by the stripes of Jesus.
4. However, many times we open the door to sickness by not taking care of the temple of the Holy Spirit, which is every born again believer.
- 1 Cor 6:19 (KJV) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
III. Destroy poverty.
- 2 Cor 8:9 (KJV) For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
A. God does expect you and I all to be millionaires, but He does want to meet all our needs.
- Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
B. God's plan though is for us to put Him first.
- Matthew 6:33 (KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
C. His Will seems to be the same for us.
- 3 John 1:2 (KJV) Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
IV. From all fear. Jesus came to destroy fear and through His Word give us faith
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
A. We need not fear anything from the devil.
1. We are not to fear demon power.
2. Witchcraft. Black magic and all the black arts.
a. We also should avoid these things and live and walk in the Spirit and Word.
3. Nor any of the evil crafts. Why not! 1 John 4:4 (KJV) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because . greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
V. Destroy the devil.
When Robinson Crusoe's good man Friday asked him, "Why doesn't God destroy the devil?" Robinson Crusoe gave him the right answer, the only answer, the great answer. He said, "God will destroy him."
- Rev 20:10 (KJV) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- Rev 20:14 (KJV) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- Rev 20:15 (KJV) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
A. Let us open our hearts to all God has for us. Do not give any place to the enemy and be filled with he Holy Spirit.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
For more help and info please visit:
www.tonyabram.com or www.abundantlifecrusades.com