Jesus and seeing what God is like!
- Heb 12:2 (KJV) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our
faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,
despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of
Many times Christians wonder what type of body they will have in heaven.
More important many are truly unsure of the character of God. In this
sermon outline we list a few characteristics of God. I believe that the
more we can see in the character of God, the more we will know Him and
that the more we know Him, the more we will love Him.
I. What is God like? Jesus said if we have seen Him we have seen the
- John 14:9 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with
you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath
seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
A. The Bible tells us that Jesus is exactly like the Father.
- Heb 1:3 (KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the
express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his
power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right
hand of the Majesty on high;
B. Then the question is what will we be like in heaven? (1 John 3:2
KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear
what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be
like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1. We will be like Jesus.
2. What was He like when He rose from the dead?
- Luke 24:39 KJV) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I
myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye
see me have.
- Luke 24:42-43 (KJV) And they gave him a piece of a broiled
fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
3. When does our body become like His?
- 1Cor. 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all
sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at
the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be
raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption,
and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on
incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall
be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of
sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the
victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. This great change takes place at His Second Coming.
II. Let us look at the character of God. First He is Good!
- Psalms 25:8 Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach
sinners in the way.
A. God loved us when we were yet sinners. (Rom 5:8 KJV) But God
commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us.
III. He is Just!
- Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious
unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon
you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait
- Deut 32:4 (KJV) He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are
judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
IV. He is forgiving!
- 1 John 1:9 (KJV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to
forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
V. He is faithful!
- Deut 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful
God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep
his commandments to a thousand generations;
- 1 Cor 1:9 (KJV) God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the
fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
A. God expects us to be faithful too.
- 1 Cor 4:2 (KJV) Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be
1. Faithfulness is greatest with God.
On that last day when we stand before Him, He will not ask, How much?
How many? How big? He will ask how faithful we were with what He gave
us. God’s measuring stick is faithfulness.
VI. Best to close with the words of Isaiah. (Isa 9:6 KJV) For
unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government
shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2020 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles