Abundant Life Crusades
LIVING BY THE FAITH OF
Mark 11:22 (KJV) And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
"Have the faith of God," or, "Have God's faith." Word-Faith teachers commonly say that we are to have "the God kind of faith." However, in this sermon outline we point out that we can only live in that FAITH is if we live in Him and know who He is and what He can do. Paul did not live by his faith but the faith God gave him and the same faith God gives to all who are saved.
We are saved by Grace through faith. Galatians 2:20 (KJV) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. God gives us all an equal portion of His faith when we are 'Born Again.'
- Romans 12:3 (KJV) For I say, through the grace given
unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly
than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to
every man the measure of faith. Faith is not a distant view but a warm embrace
of Christ. John Calvin.
I. WHEN WE WALK IN FAITH HE IS ALWAYS WITH US BECAUSE HE IS ETERNAL.
- Psalms 90:2 (KJV) Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
A. His is the Great I AM. He never changes.
B. Faith and works should travel side-by-side, step answering to step, like the legs of men walking. First faith, and then works; and then faith again, and then works again -- until they can scarcely distinguish which is the one and which is the other. William Booth.
II. HE IS EVERYWHERE WITH US AS HE IS OMNIPRESENT.
- Psalms 139:7-11 (KJV) 7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
A. Even if we tried to leave his presence remember Jonah 1:3 (KJV) But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
B. Faith understands that God intervenes in the natural course of events; on the other hand, if the natural course of events should happen to answer prayer--that which we call a coincidence--faith still believes God is present. Brett Blair.
III. LIVING IN THE FAITH OF GOD WE LIVE IN THE CENTER OF GOD'S POWER AS HE IS OMNIPOTENT. NOTHING IS TO HARD FOR HIM.
- Genesis 18:14 (KJV) Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
- Jeremiah 32:17 (KJV) Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
A. This is why we can confess His Word that 'Greater is He that is in us', 'If God be for us..' and 'I can do all things through Christ.....'
B. God our Father has made all things depend on faith so that whoever has faith will have everything, and whoever does not have faith will have nothing. Martin Luther
IV. OUR GOD IS OMNISCENT. HE KNOW ALL ABOUT US AND KNOWS OUR NEEDS BEFORE WE DO OURSELVES.
- Hebrews 4:12 (KJV) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- (KJV)John 2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
A. God is all Wisdom.
1. No bird falls from heaven with out His knowledge.
2. the Hairs of our head are numbered.
V. LIVING IN HIS FAITH WE LEARN THAT HE IS OMNIBENEVOLENT. ONE SPELLED IT L-O-V-E. GOD IS LOVE
- 1 John 4:7-9 (KJV) 7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
A. When we see Him we see LOVE.
B. Faith doesn't necessarily know where it's going, but it does know Who's leading. Kent Crockett's
For more help and info go to: www.tonyabram.com .