LET US DO AND GOD WILL DO MORE
- Philippians 3:4-3:14
"LET US DO AND GOD
WILL DO MORE"
In this outline sermon that can be used for any year that we face, deals with
God’s plan that we be doers of the Word and not just hearers. If we will put our
faith in ACTION God will do more in our lives. In active faith binds the hand of
God’s blessing and leading in our lives. We will begin with the Apostle Paul and
his letter to Philippian church. We believe that Paul life and testimony is the
secret to successful overcoming Christian Life.
- Phil 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man
thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
- Phil 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of
Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
- Phil 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness
which is in the law, blameless.
- Phil 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
- Phil 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of
the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all
things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
- Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of
the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which
is of God by faith:
- Phil 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the
fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
- Phil 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
- Phil 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:
but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended
of Christ Jesus.
- Phil 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing
I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those
things which are before,
- Phil 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in
I. Paul the Apostle was
a man that if anyone could brag it was Paul. He had all the credentials and
A. He was a Doctor of Doctors.
1. What did he think of them, though he bragged
of them with the comparison to the Calling of Christ on his life?
- Phil 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things
but loss for the Excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I
have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win
B. Paul declared he was a great sinner.
- 1 Tim 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all
acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am
1. Only the Lord Jesus can change a person like
that. Paul was made a new person.
2. The Lord will do it for anyone who comes to
Him with an open and sincere heart.
- 2 Cor 5:17 (AMP) Therefore if any person is [ingrafted]
in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the
old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh
and new has come!
C. The Lord changed him to be the chief of the apostles.
- 2 Cor 12:11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have
compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I
behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. .
- 2 Cor 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought
among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
D. Paul did suffer for the cause of Christ!
- 2 Cor 11:22 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites?
So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.
- 2 Cor 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a
fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons
more frequent, in deaths oft.
- 2 Cor 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes
save one. 2 Cor 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I toned, thrice I
suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
- 2 Cor 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in
perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen,
in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in
perils among false brethren; 2 Cor 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in
watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
1. If we were to ask Paul, do you glory over your
- 2 Cor 11:30 If I must needs glory, I will glory
of the things which concern mine infirmities.
a. A Deacon once on a visit to John
Wesley’s home, was bragging on how much he suffered and was willing to suffer
for the Lord. Then a puff of smoke from the fireplace blew into his face. He
said "See Wesley how I suffer for Christ!" Wesley’s reply was "Man if you can
not take a little smoke coming into your life you will never stand the fire!"
E. I believe that Paul accomplished the most as an apostle.
1. He wrote most of the New Testament.
II. Paul’s great secret was having a personal relationship with the Lord.
Phil 3: 10 That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the
fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
A. You too can know Him, by receiving Him into your heart and
B. As a believer it will bring the greater works in to your
- John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that
believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than
these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
C. Paul had a special anointing on his calling and ministry.
- Act 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of
- Act 19:12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick
handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil
spirits went out of them.
D. God can do special things in our lives if we trust Him.
There is nothing God cannot do.
1. Jesus has all power in heaven and earth.
- Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All
power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
2. He is for you! Rom. 8:31 What shall we then
say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
E. We should seek to be more like Him day by day.
III. We need to press on in God.
Phil 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God
in Christ Jesus.
A. We need to press, run and push!
- Matt 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now
the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
IV. What did Paul then tell us?
- Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be
- Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how
shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
- Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that
- Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that
is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh
intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation,
or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
- Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are
accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
- Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that
- Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor
principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
- Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to
separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 1 Cor 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that
beateth the air:
- 2Tim 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at
hand. 2Tim 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have
kept the faith: 2Tim 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of
righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
I cannot end this sermon any better then this words from Paul.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles