Abundant Life Crusades
LEPER (IF IT BE THY WILL)
Luke 5:12-15 (KJV)
- 12 And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
- 13 And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.
- 14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
- 15 But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their infirmities.
In this short outline we point out that only one man in the Bible questioned if it was the 'Will of God' for Jesus to heal him. We will try to give a very plausible reason for this and also the importance of the Word of God.
I. What would the reason this Leper asked Jesus if it was His will to heal him?
A. First he was a leper.
1. Lepers where unclean.
2. People were afraid to come in contact with a leper.
3. A leper had to shout out I am unclean when he neared anyone.
4. Most important because of all these things he could not attend any of Jesus' crusades or teaching gatherings.
II. Since he could not get close enough to hear Jesus. He could not know the Will of God.
A. God's Word is God's Will and God's Will is God's Word.
1. To know the Will of God we must hear, know and believe the Word of God.
2. The Leper may not have been able to get close to Jesus to hear Him, but he could see from afar what He could do.
3. He no doubt hid himself along the way where Jesus would pass.
a. He risked it all when he fell at Jesus' feet.
b. No doubt when the people that were around Jesus saw the leper they were about to stone him.
III. What did Jesus say when he ask Him is it your will?
A. Jesus said "I WILL".
B. All of God's promises are positive.
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
C. God always says yes to His promises. We need to agree with 'amen'.
IV. When the Leper heard the words, "I will', faith fell in his heart.
- Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
A. To receive the promises of the Lord, we must first hear the Word.
B. We need to attend church regular to hear the Word
C. We need to read the Word at home etc.
D. We need to hear, believe and confess the Word of God.
E. If we do these things then we can receive what God has promised us.
God bless you and yours!