LEPER (IF IT BE THY WILL)
Luke 5:12-15 (KJV)
- 12 And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man
full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him,
saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
- 13 And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou
clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.
- 14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the
priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a
testimony unto them.
- 15 But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great
multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their
In this short outline we point out that only one man in the Bible
questioned if it was the 'Will of God' for Jesus to heal him. We will
try to give a very plausible reason for this and also the importance of
the Word of God.
I. What would the reason this Leper asked Jesus if it was His will to
A. First he was a leper.
1. Lepers where unclean.
2. People were afraid to come in contact with a leper.
3. A leper had to shout out I am unclean when he neared anyone.
4. Most important because of all these things he could not attend
any of Jesus' crusades or teaching gatherings.
II. Since he could not get close enough to hear Jesus. He could not
know the Will of God.
A. God's Word is God's Will and God's Will is God's Word.
1. To know the Will of God we must hear, know and believe the
Word of God.
2. The Leper may not have been able to get close to Jesus to
hear Him, but he could see from afar what He could do.
3. He no doubt hid himself along the way where Jesus would
a. He risked it all when he fell at Jesus' feet.
b. No doubt when the people that were around Jesus saw
the leper they were about to stone him.
III. What did Jesus say when he ask Him is it your will?
A. Jesus said "I WILL".
B. All of God's promises are positive.
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in
him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
C. God always says yes to His promises. We need to agree with 'amen'.
IV. When the Leper heard the words, "I will', faith fell in his
- Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the
word of God.
A. To receive the promises of the Lord, we must first hear the Word.
B. We need to attend church regular to hear the Word
C. We need to read the Word at home etc.
D. We need to hear, believe and confess the Word of God.
E. If we do these things then we can receive what God has promised us.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
ęCopyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles