|Language of faith
I. I believe that God wants us to be positive in our speech.
When you meet a people on the street and say that they look terrible, what
happens? They are not pleased and may feel depressed. If you can say something
positive to them they feel much better. I believe it is the same way in which we
approach out Lord. If we are negative in our prayers we do not usually get an
answer. We need to pray the Word of God which is positive. Paul refers to the
Word of faith. What is it? He said it was the word that he preached. It should
be in our hearts and in our mouths.
- Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that
love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
A. Life is in the power of the tongue. We need to live and walk in the Spirit.
- John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. .
1. How do we walk and live in the Spirit?
a. Walking in Gods Will.
b. The Word of God is Gods Will for our lives.
B. Death is also in the power of our speech.
1. Remember Job the thing he feared and spoke came upon him.
C. Faith is a language, it is His Word. We need the Word.
- Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and
in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
1. Speak the Word of God.
2. Believe the Word of God.
I tell the students that I teach
in our schools around the world to stand and repeat these words before each
a. Lord, give me ears to hear.
b. Lord, give me a mind to understand.
c. Lord, give me a heart to believe.
d. Lord, give me a mouth to speak your Word.
D. Confession, means to agree with or speak the same thing
1. Say what God said in His Word and you will make the right
confession of faith..
II. There are five wonderful results when we are speaking Gods Word.
A. It will release our faith
1. Our words release faith as it builds us up.
2. It is a way of putting our faith in action.
3. Money in the pocket needs to be put into circulation if it will do
something good. Also our faith needs to be put into circulation if it is going
to do some thing good in our lives..
4. Release of faith brings results of our faith that is spoken.
- Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without
wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) .
5. Confession of Gods Word raises the level of our faith.
a. Lifts our relationship with God.
b. It increases our faith
- Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by
the word of God.
III. God Word creates the realities of redemption.
A. Something can be true but not real.
1. Example when we are first saved. When we are saved we know it is
- 2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old
things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
B. Confession will rule and dominate the forces of your life for good or
bad, it depends on what we confess..
C. Confession will establish the level of your life.
1. Negative speech brings negative results.
2. Positive brings positive
Joel 3:10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears:
let the weak say, I am strong. .
D. Confession will put the angels into action
- Ps 103:20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do
his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
- Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them
who shall be heirs of salvation? .
F. Confession of Gods Word will create fruit of our lips.
- Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far
off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
- Heb 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God
continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
IV. Jesus is the High Priest of our words.
- Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,
consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
A. God is the one who commands angels.
1. God does it as we speak it.
B. We must agree with God, Jesus spoke that if two on earth agree, we must be in
agreement with The Word of God.
- 2 Cor 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto
the glory of God by us.
God says yes to His Word and promises. We in turn should agree with Him and His
Word with Amen, I agree. May God help us to walk the walk of faith and talk the
talk of faith by walking and speaking His Holy Word. Let us learn the language
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
For more help and info please visit: