THE LORD, PAID IN ETERNAL RICHES!
Our labor for the Lord pays in
both now in life and for eternity. We need to work while it
is yet day for the night comes when no one will work.
1. A labor of love of our Father God.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:3 (KJV) Remembering without
ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience
of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and
A. My concern is not whether God is on our side; my great concern is to
be on God's side, for God is always right. - Abraham
2. A labor not in vain working and serving our Lord Jesus
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren,
be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of
the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in
vain in the Lord.
A. The Scriptures teach that the happiness or blessedness of believers in
a future life will be greater or less in proportion to the
service of Christ in this life. Those who love little, do
little; and those who do little, enjoy less. - Charles
a. It will be worth it all when see Christ.
b. My wife often sings the soon 'What a Day that will be when
we see Jesus' I love the words,
3. A labor known by Christ and see the works of the
- Revelation 2:2 (KJV) I know thy works, and thy
labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them
which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are
apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
A. God sees the work we do in the midst of sinful world.
4. A labor God does not forget and is in His eternal
- Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget
your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward
his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do
A. Sometimes we as Christians need to stop along life's road and look
back. Although it might have been winding and steep, we can
see how God directed us by His faithfulness. When we face
difficulties, we sometimes forget God's past faithfulness.
We see only the detours and the dangerous path. But look
back and you will also see the joy of victory, the challenge
of the climb, and the presence of your traveling Companion
who has promised never to leave you nor forsake you
5. A labor which is to be done together in the Vineyards
- 1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together
with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
A. We are temples of the Holy Spirit.
a. I want the whole Christ for my Savior, the whole Bible for
my book, the whole Church for my fellowship, and the whole
world for my mission field. - John Wesley.
6. A labor for eternal things.
- Colossians 1:28-29 Whom we preach, warning every
man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may
present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also
labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in
A. Working for the Lord is working for eternity, for that
day we may hear Him say, "We done good and faithful
7. A labor for the Lord is to receive our own reward.
- 1 Corinthians 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that
watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward
according to his own labour.
A. God gives the birds their food, but He doesn't throw it into their
a. We must be willing to thrust the sickle and reap the
8. A labor done to be accepted by Him.
- 2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that,
whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
A. He turns no one away.
- John 6:37 (KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and
him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
9. A labor which doesn't have an end.
- Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest
truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore
the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers
into his harvest.
A. Today is the day of harvest. God wants us to be willing to thrust the
sickle and reap the harvest
a. I care not where I go or how I live or what I endure so
that I may save souls. When I sleep, I dream of them; when I
awake, they are first in my thoughts. David Brainerd.
LET US KNOW THAT OUR WORK AND LABOR FOR THE LORD WILL BRING
ETERNAL REWARDS. THERE IS NO GREATER OR BETTER 'BOSS' THAN
OUR LORD OR WHO PAY BETTER. PRAISE THE LORD!
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: