Abundant Life Crusades
Abundant Life Crusades
In this sermon outline we emphases the need of keeping the faith. It seems we are living in an age where many are departing from the faith that given to them. We as believers must be vigilant to be on guard not only to grow in the knowage, word and faith in Christ but to keep that which we received. The devil continues to try to steal, kill and destroy, but we must remember John 4:4 (KJV) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
I. Paul at the end of his ministry could say, "I have kept the faith".
- 2 Timothy 4:7 (KJV) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
A. We should all desire in our live to one day hear Him say well done good and faithful servant.
B. My wife sings that great song, 'What a day that will be'.
II. We must hold fast to our faith.
- Hebrews 10:23 (KJV) Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
A. We must live for the Lord daily. 24/7
III. We must continue in our faith.
- Acts 14:22 (KJV) Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
A. We need to live daily our faith not just on Sunday.
B. Regular devotions, prayer and reading the Word should be part of our daily faith walk.
IV. We must be obedient to the faith we have received.
- Romans 1:5 (KJV) By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
A. We must be doers of the Word.
V. Stand fast and to not give up!
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 (KJV) Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
A. We are strong when watch, live and speak the Word of God.
B. We are strong through His Word. Romans 8:31 (KJV) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.,
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
VI. We keep the faith by remembering to do the works of faith.
A. Man lives by believing something, not by debating and arguing about many things.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:3 (KJV) Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
B. The world sees our faith through the Christian works of faith in our daily living.
C. We should be an example to the world.
Faith and works should travel side-by-side, step answering to step, like the legs of men walking. First faith, and then works; and then faith again, and then works again -- until they can scarcely distinguish which is the one and which is the other. William Booth
VII. We must fight the good fight of faith.
- 1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
A. Even in this day and age there are many that are paying a great price for their testimony in many lands. Some even with their lives.
B. We must stand for that which we have confessed before others.
VIII. We need to contend for our faith and not compromise.
- Jude 1:3 (KJV) Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
A. We should not be ashamed of our Faith in Christ.
B. We need to live and speak of our faith to others with our testimonies.
IX. Let us remember our brethren of the household of faith.
- Galatians 6:10 (KJV) As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
A. How to we remember the household of faith?
1 Do good to all.
2. Take advantage of the opportunities God gives us.
3. Little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but great faith will bring heaven to your soul.
Definition of faith:
Let us all run the race and keep the faith. Let the song 'What a day that will be' encourage us to run to win.
WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE!
God bless you and yours!