you honor your Father and Mother!
We are living in an age of disobedience. Broken home, children running
wild without purpose in life. In this outline we show some of the
blessings in honoring father and mother.
Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long
upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
I. It is very important to honor your father and
A. The benefits are wonderful.
1. It brings long life.
- Deut 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy
God hath commanded thee; that thy days may
be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the
LORD thy God giveth thee.
2. The blessing goes everywhere. It is for every land and
a. I know it has followed me.
B. It is not just old but New Testament teaching.
- Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment
1. Paul reminds it is the first commandment with a
promise from God.
II One of the signs of the last days is rebellion and disobedience.
- Prov 1:8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not
the law of thy mother:
A. Disobedience reaps terrible results
- Matt 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and,
He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
- Lev 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be
surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood
shall be upon him.
- Prov 28:24 Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no
transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer.
B. God's Will for children is to:
1. Love and care for their father and mother
- Prov 23:22 Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and
despise not thy mother when she is old. .
a. Jesus is our perfect example toward His
- John 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw his
mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith
unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! .
- John 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple,
Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his
b. Jesus cared and provided for His earthy
III. Mothers should love, care and pray for their children.
A. Want the best for their children.
- Matt 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her
sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him. .
- Matt 20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him,
Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the
other on the left, in thy kingdom.
1. Sometimes children do not realize it.
- Prov 4:3 For I was my father's son, tender and
only beloved in the sight of my mother.
IV. Need for fathers and mothers to be examples. Cannot say do as I
say and not as I do.
- Ezek 16:44 Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this
proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.
A. Bad example.
Matt 14:8 And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Give me
here John Baptist's head in a
B. Good Example.
- 1 Tim 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good
- 1 Tim 5:2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all
- Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love
their husbands, to love their children,
C. Fathers and mothers need to pray for their children.
- Mark 5:23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at
the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she
may behealed; and she shall live.
1. My mother prayed the whole family into the kingdom of God.
She still is praying for her two sons in the ministry at 98 years of
a. I asked my Mother how she has lived so long.
She said it was because she always honor her father and mother.
b. My wife Marge as the same of her grandmother
when she was 96 and she gave the same answer.
CONCLUSION: There is great benefit in doing what
the Word of God teaches. There is blessing for all who open their hearts
to the Word of God by first receiving Jesus Christ into their hearts and
living for Him.
- John 1:12 (KJV) But as many as received him, to
them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe
on his name.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
ęCopyright 2002-2020 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles