Abundant Life Crusades
Many times we are discouraged when we do not see the answer to our prayers. It can also be very depressing. However, before we lay the reason on God or others perhaps we need to look inward to ourselves. In this outline we list some of the hindrances we have to an answer to our prayers.
I. Hindrance number one is Prayerlessness.
A. We just do not spend enough time in prayer and we do persist in our asking.
- James 4:2 (KJV) Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
B. We must pray with persistence.
- Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV) 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
C. How do we overcome?
1. Remember God does hear and answer prayer.
2. We are live in the Spirit with a live our unceasing prayer
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (KJV) Pray without ceasing.
3. Be devoted to prayer and thanksgiving. Colossians 4:2 (KJV) Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
II. Hindrance number two is Unconfessed Sin.
- Psalms 66:18 (KJV) If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
A. Let the Holy Spirit give you a spirit of sensitivity to sin. John 16:8 (KJV) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
B. The Word teaches us to forgive others as God forgives us in the Lords Prayer.
C. Mark 11:25 (KJV) And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
III. Hindrance three can be Selfishness.
- James 4:2-3 (KJV) 2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
A. How do we deal with this hindrance?
1. Begin with a motivation check,
a. Search you own heart.
2. Ask God if your motives are correct.
3. Do pray for yourself. There are many that did so in the Bible.
a. Jesus taught us to do so for ourselves in Matt. 7:7.
4. Pray the Will of God. How? Pray the Word.
- 1 John 5:14 (KJV) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
IV. Hindrance five can be the lack of faith. God will not bless unbelief.
- James 1:6-7 (KJV) 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A. To have God answer prayer you must have faith in Him.
- Mark 11:22 (KJV) And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
B. You must believe that God can answer you and that nothing is too hard for the Lord.
- Jeremiah 32:17 (KJV) Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
C. What can we do?
1. Deal with any sin in your life.
2. Draw closer to the Lord.
3. Feed on the Word.
- Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
4. Count your blessings.
5. Hear and read testimonies of others.
6. Pray the promises of God.
V. Hindrance number 5 is quitting too soon.
A. Jesus gives us two parables about perseverance in prayer. Luke 11:5:8, Luke 18: 1-5
B. What to do?
1. Determine to persevere in prayer.
2. Do not give up until you receive the answer.
3. Pray the impossible.
- Matthew 19:26 (KJV) But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
VI. Hindrance number 6 is our broken relationships.
A. God is concerned about our relations.
- Matthew 22:39 (KJV) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
1. With our husband or wife.
- 1 Peter 3:7 (KJV) Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
2. With everyone.
- Matthew 5:24 (KJV) Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
B. What do we do?
1. Confront our feelings we may have about others.
2. Be quick to reconcile with others.
3. Remember God knows our hearts.
- Romans 12:18 (KJV) If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
4. Pray that God will give you the power to love others as yourself.
Friends May God's abundant life fill you this year 2010 and overflow rivers of living water through you (John 7:38). and I uphold you and all the dear ones in your family with my fervent prayers. I am certain that the Almighty Lord who is very much concerned about your well being will take care of all your needs.
For more help and info please visit: