Hands of Jesus!
Acts 10:34-38 (KJV)
One of the main reasons we do missionary evangelism is that
Jesus was and is the world's greatest missionary evangelist. Years
ago, by faith, I knelt at His feet and said I would follow Him. Up
to that time I was following man, wanting to be like Evangelist T.
L. Osborn. I worked for and was around powerful ministries, but none
like Jesus. So for the past 47 years my wife Marge and I have gone
into over 125 countries taking the message of Jesus. How do we keep
going? He holds our hands. His hands are spoken of often in the
Word. In this outline we are sharing the message of His hands and
how we in turn are extension of Him.
I. Hands are spoken of so much in the Bible.
From the hand of man to the Hand of God. The hands are used in
ministry. Acts of help etc.
A. The hands of Jesus can change lives.
1.Day I was saved, saw His hands in vision.
2. Doing a time of prayer and seeking God, locked in my room,
I felt His Hand on my shoulder. It was in Vancouver, BC in October of
1962 and it affected my life and ministry.
3. In South Africa blind man Healed when felt touch on
4. Jesus did not have to touch lepers. He could have been
just as effective from a hundred yards away. But he touched them.
II. Let us look at some events with His hands.
A. His hands brings gladness and peace
- John 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and
his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. (KJV)
B. His hands bless.
- Matt 19:13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he
should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
1. Every time I dedicate a baby or child I think of how Jesus
loved and blessed the children.
2. This year for the first time dedicated twins, double
C. His Hands brings healing.
- Luke 4:40 Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with
divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every
one of them, and healed them. (KJV)
1. Many are the testimonies we have heard over the years of
His healing touch. Because He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
D. Even in the midst of unbelief He can bring healing when He laid His
- Mark 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he
laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. (KJV)
E. His Hands gave sight to the blind.
- Mark 8:25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him
look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. (KJV)
He can still open both spiritual and natural eyes today.
He does all things well.
A four-year-old was telling about the Bible story she heard in her
Sunday school class. It was the story of Jesus healing the blind man.
When she got to the part where the Pharisees questioned the healed man,
she said, "Oh boy, were those Ferris wheels jealous of Jesus!"
F. His hands make the crooked way straight:
- Luke 13:13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made
straight, and glorified God.
III. See His Hands on the cross.
Stretched out, stretched to the whole world. To you and I. Hands of
Love and Forgiveness.
Can you see His hands today? If you do you will not resist.
The day I was saved I knew His hands were stretched out to me, saying,
"Come unto Me!"
We live in a world full of people struggling to be, or at least to
appear strong, in order not to be weak; and we follow a gospel, which
says that when I am weak, then I am strong. And this gospel is the only
thing that brings healing.
3. End of year 1961 New Years Eve service in
a. Vision of HARVEST.
1. The harvest God provides: "Seedtime and harvest...shall
not cease" (Gen. 8:22).
2. The harvest sin produces: "Whatsoever a man soweth, that
shall he also reap" (Gal. 6:7)
3. The Gospel harvest: "They (fields) are white already to
harvest" (John 4:35).
4. The harvest of judgment: "The harvest is the end of the
age" (Matt. 13:39).