Abundant Life Crusades
|The Gospel is Good
News and is For Everyone, Everywhere!
2 Corinthians 5:19-5:19
We are reminded that God gave us the gift of salvation, deliverance, healing of our broken hearts, and a full supply of every need through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is a free gift for "Everyone, Everywhere"! In this sermon outline I try to reflect on this truth.
I. What is the Good News?
A. Our Lord died on the cross for the sins of the whole world.
- 2 Corinthians 5:19 (AMP) It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).
II. What are we to do with the Good News?
A. We are to shine as lights to the whole world.
- Mat 5:16 (KJV) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
1. How then are we to act?
a. We should act and live above reproach.
- Philippians 2:15 (KJV) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
III. The Gospel has the power to save those who hear and believe in all the world.
- Romans 1:16 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
- Romans 10:12 (KJV) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
IV. All the world should have the opportunity to hear and to believe.
- Romans 10:14 (KJV) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
A. We are to be witnesses of the existence, love, power, and faithfulness of the Resurrected Christ.
- Acts 3:15 (KJV) And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
B. Jesus gave the disciples the pattern to spread the Good News for the Church in:
- Acts 1:8 (KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
1. There is a subtle false teaching that says we can be evangelical without being evangelistic. It has to believe we "go" to church rather than we "are" the church.
V. Where are we to spread the Good News?
A. Our Jerusalem - our locality or area where we live.
B. Our Judea - the region in which live.
C. Our Samaria - to the nation in which we live.
D. End of the Earth - to all nations, tribes, tongues and races of people.
We see that the Lord says that is how the Holy Spirit will lead us in the church. He will cause us to move geographically beginning with our locality, expanding to our region, then to our nation and ultimately to the ends of the earth. Jesus is plainly telling us that the Holy Spirit will cause us to not just focus on our locality, but that He will lead us to reach out until we are involved in reaching the ends of the earth. He was reminding us that the Gospel is for Everyone Everywhere. It is for EVERYONE!
E. God so loved the world that He gave Jesus as the perfect sacrifice.
- John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
F. The Resurrected Christ told us to go into all the world and make disciples unto Him.
- Matthew 28:19 (KJV) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
VI So what do we do to carry on His Commission?
1. Pray for the nations of the world daily.
2. Adopt a nation as your intercessory target and pray everyday for that nation.
3. If possible in your lifetime take at least one short-term mission trip to use your gifts to reach and disciple others.
4. Support missionaries and mission organizations with prayer and finances.
a. My wife and I have said that over the 48 years of ministry, into over 120 countries that people have carried us with their prayers.
5. Pray that God will raise up and thrust out those that will lead in making the greatest harvest seen in world history take place in our lifetime.
- Luke 10:2 (KJV) Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
6. Support national pastors and workers in other lands who will carry out the work quickly and effectively in their culture with prayer and offerings.
a. We have for years supported national workers in over 20 countries. In this we multiply the out reach of our own ministry.
7. Build churches that will afford a center of evangelism and discipleship to their communities for generations to come.
a. Our ministry has in the past 16 years help buy buildings and build over 150 places of worship in the former USSR alone. If our rather small ministry can do this yours can do something too.
b. No matter how much the church wants to reach out, growth will not happen if the building and the people fail to say "Welcome!"
c. There’s nothing more exciting than helping another person become a Christian--except helping that person into an exhilarating experience of discipleship.
For more help and info go to: www.tonyabram.com.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades