Abundant Life Crusades
He gave to the 12, He gave to the 70, then to ALL!
This sermon outline is on the unchanging commission Christ gave to the Church. Even as He is unchanging, His commission is to be carried out today. The Supreme task of the church today still remains unchanging. We must put the winning of souls first. For the past 47 years my wife and I have traveled and ministered in over 120 countries the message of Christ. Jesus Christ is still the same, His Word and the same and His Salvation is the same.
I. FIRST JESUS GAVE THE COMMISSION AND POWER TO THE 12 DISCIPLES.
Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. Luke 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. Luke 9:3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. Luke 9:4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. Luke 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. Luke 9:6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
II. SECOND JESUS GAVE THE POWER TO THE 70 MORE DISCIPLES!
Luke 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. : 2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Luke 10:5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. Luke 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
A. THE 70 HAD POWER OVER THE DEVIL
- Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. (KJV)
III. JESUS GAVE TO THE COMMISSION TO THE WHOLE CHURCH
- Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
A. THIS WHAT HE TOLD THE 12 AND THE 70 HE THEN TELLS THE CHURCH!
1. GO PREACH THE GOSPEL!
a. The word preaches means 3 things.
1. To tell.
2. To live.
3. To demonstrate.
- Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
IV. GAVE THE 12 AND 70 POWER OF HIS NAME AND NOW HE GIVES THE WHOLE CHURCH THE POWER OF HIS NAME.
A. ACTS 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
1. CAST OUT DEVILS, HE GAVE THE 12 AND 70 AND NOW THE WHOLE CHURCH HAS POWER OVER THE DEVIL.
2. NEW TONGUES SOMETHING EXTRA FOR THE CHURCH, BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND REACHING THE PEOPLE OF EVERY NATION AND TONGUE.
3. WE DO NOT TEMPT THE LORD BUT HE DOES GIVE US DIVINE PROTECTION.
Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
B. HEALING THE SICK, HE GAVE THE 12 AND 70 AND HE GIVES THE WHOLE CHURCH.
-HEB 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
- MAL. 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
- JAMES 5: 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
What He gave the 12 and 70 THE POWER OF HIS NAME, NOW HE GIVES THE WHOLE CHURCH THAT SAME POWER.
V. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?
- ACTS 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
A. IT IS TO EVANGELIZE THE WORLD WITH THE GOOD NEWS.
1. THE SUPREMEME TASK OF THE CHURCH TODAY IS THE EVANGELIZATION OF THE WORLD.
2. IT IS WORK NUMBER ONE.
B. TO DO THIS, WE MUST SEE THAT THE GREATEST POWER ON EARTH IS THE CHURCH, BECAUSE CHRIST LIVES IN HIS CHURCH, THE CHURCH IS HIS PEOPLE.
For more help and info go to: www.abundantlifecrusades.com or to www.tonyabram.com.
God bless you and yours.
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
www.tonyabram.com or go to: