Four Ways to Look
- Psalm 77:12 - I will meditate also of all thy work, and
talk of thy doings.(KJV)
We need to look both ways before crossing when first time
visiting a country that drives on the opposite side as your country.
Walking with Jesus may require you looking four ways to have the
blessings of God.
I. Look up and pray.
A. The Psalmist prayed all night and at first thought God
had forgotten and had rejected him. We can tell God and be honest
about our feelings. We can ask Him anything. His answer may not come
right away or in the way we may expect.
- Psalm 121 - I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help.
II. Look back and remember what God has done in the past for you
- Jude1:17 - But, beloved, remember ye the words which were
spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ (KJV)
A. This is what God told the children of Israel, to
remember what He did for them.
B. The Psalmist said he would meditate or think about His past works.
C. We need to remember all His blessings and what He has done for us.
1. I like the song ‘Count your blessings, name them one by
one and see what the Lord has done for you….’
III. Look forward.
- Philippians 3:14 - I press toward the mark for the prize of the
high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (KJV)
A. Think about the good that might come out of the
situation. What might you learn? What might God want you to do? He
will do because His ways are perfect.
- Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the
sons of God.
IV. Look again
- Mark 8:25 - After that He put His hands again upon
his eyes and made him look up; and he was restored, and saw every
- 1 Kings 8:43 - And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the
sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he
said, Go again seven times.
A. This time look at your circumstances with eyes of
faith. Remind yourself that He is the God of great wonders and He
can be trusted with all our cares.
B. Our problems are opportunities to discover God’s solutions.
C. The woman in the Bible kept coming to the Judge until the answer.
D. The man kept knocking until he received his bread in the middle of the
1. There is a chorus, ‘Expect a miracle every day, Expect a
miracle when you pray, If you expect it God will find a way, To
perform a miracle for you each day.’ Looking unto God there still
can be times of waiting for His answer! Even when things seemingly
go wrong, as His children we can still trust-delight-commit our ways
to Him. He is our firm foundation!
2. I remember waiting and watching for my Dad coming home
from work, I knew he would give me 5 cents to buy my treat…….
3. Luke 21:28 - And when these things begin to come to
pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption