|FATHER'S DAY MESSAGE
This is a day that we call a day
special for our fathers. Is it? Do we really honor our fathers? Should it be
done only one day a year? This message shares our relationship is much like our
relationship with our heavely father. But first consider this:
A LITTLE GIRL ONCE SAID TO HER
MOTHER: "Mommy, if Santa Claus brings our presents, and God gives us our
daily bread, and Uncle Sam gives us Social Security, why do we keep daddy
SHOPPING FOR DAD'S GIFT
If you think about it, Adam had more trouble than any of the rest of us
buying his father a gift for Fathers Day. I mean, what do you get somebody who’s
everything? A small boy said, Fathers Day is just like Mothers Day, only you do
not spend as much on the gift.
Mark Twain said, When I was a boy of 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly
stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at
how much the old man learned in 7 years.
I. COMING TO GOD.
We must see the Father son relationship in God and the Church to understand the
proper relationship in the earthly family.
A. STORY OF WANTING A NICKEL FROM MY DAD.
- I learned that praising my Dad got me more than begging him.
1. Today is a day to give dad thanks and praise.
II. TALKING TO THE FATHERS FIRST.
- Fathers many times want to tell their kids it was good enough for my
father and me and it is good enough for you. Paul said there were traditions
then and now. Not all are good.
- Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in
mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my Fathers.
B. FATHERS DO NOT PROVOKE YOUR CHILDREN!
- Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring
them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
1. WHY NOT? Paul tells us a second time.
Col 3:21- Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest
they be discouraged. .
a. They can be discouraged. You need
to encourage them.
b. Nurture and admonitions of the
- Feed them natural food but also
spiritual food, admonish to do good earthly matters and admonish them to do
c. The best way to do this is be an
- Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had
fathers of our flesh, which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we
not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? .
- 1 John 2:13 I write unto you,
fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you,
young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little
children, because ye have known the Father.
III. Now speaking to the Children, We all are some ones son or daughter.
Matt 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honor thy father and mother: and, He
that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. .
A. Old Testament law was strong.
B. Jesus words were even stronger.
- Matt 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself.
C: Paul told the children how to treat a minister.
- 1 Tim 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the
younger men as brethren;
D. We often see Pastors and ministers treated with disrespect by
1. Does some of it come from what the children hear from the
IV. Today everything seems to be child abuse. However there is a
Chastening is of the Lord.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what
son is he whom the father chasteneth not? .
A: Chastement should be given with love. God always does it to us in
How should we do it to our children?
1. Cool off before chastement. You then can minister it with
a. You say then the children will get
off with out much chastement, no they will get it with interest. The
waiting for you to administer the punishment is the hardest part the child
receives. They do not know what is coming.
V. It does pay to honor and
obey your parents.
- Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
1. First it is right
- Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on
the children of disobedience:
2. It keeps the wrath of God off of us.
- Col 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for
this is well pleasing unto the Lord. .
3. It pleases God. Be as Enoch have a testimony that pleases
4. It will help bring long life to you.
- Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this
is right. (KJV)
- Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first
commandment with promise;) (KJV)
- Eph 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live
long on the earth. (KJV)
- 5. Story of the Grandmother of Marge, my wife.
- Ps 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my
a. Her testimony of her long life was
due to Honoring her father and mother.
b. My mother has the same testimony.
At the preaching of this message she is 94 years old and still works as my
VI. Finally beware of these last days.
- 2 Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters,
proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
A. One sign of the times is the disobedience to parents.
B. Let us as men and fathers do as the Word declares.
- 1 Tim 3:4 AMP He must rule his own household well, keeping his children
under control, with true dignity, commanding their respect in every way and
keeping them respectful.
C. In the last day let us be able to say.
- Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and
the children which God hath given me.
1. We want all the children to be there on that last day.
D. For me nothing is better than to go back and say as John did:
- John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
For more help and info please visit: