FATHER'S DAY MESSAGE
This is a day that we
call a day special for our fathers. Is it? Do we really honor our
fathers? Should it be done only one day a year? This message shares our
relationship is much like our relationship with our heavily father. But
first consider this:
A LITTLE GIRL ONCE
SAID TO HER MOTHER
Mommy, if Santa Claus brings our presents, and God gives us our daily
bread, and Uncle Sam gives us Social Security, why do we keep daddy
SHOPPING FOR DAD'S GIFT
If you think about it, Adam had more trouble than any of the rest of us
buying his father a gift for Fathers Day. I mean, what do you get
somebody who’s everything?
A small boy said, Fathers Day is just like Mothers Day; only you do not
spend as much on the gift.
Mark Twain said, When I was a boy of 14 my father was so ignorant I
could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21,
I was astonished at how much the old man learned in 7 years.
I. COMING TO GOD. We must see the Father son relationship in God
and the Church to understand the proper relationship in the earthly
STORY OF WANTING A NICKEL FROM MY DAD.
I learned that praising my Dad got me more than begging him.
1. Today is a day to give dad thanks and praise.
II. TALKING TO THE
Fathers many times want to tell their kids it was good enough for my
father and me and it is good enough for you. Paul said there were
traditions then and now. Not all are good.
- Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in
mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my
B. FATHERS DO NOT PROVOKE YOUR CHILDREN!
- Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring
them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
1. WHY NOT? Paul tells us a second time.
-Col 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest
they be discouraged.
a. They can be discouraged. You need to encourage
b. Nurture and admonitions of the Lord.
Feed them natural food but also spiritual food,
admonish to do good earthly matters and admonish them to do spiritual
c. The best way to do this is be an example.
- Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our
flesh, which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much
rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? .
- 1 John 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because
ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young
men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little
children, because ye have known the Father.
III. Now speaking to
the Children, We all are some ones son or daughter.
- Matt 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honor thy father and mother: and,
He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
A. Old Testament law was strong.
B. Jesus words were even stronger.
- Matt 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself.
C: Paul told the children how to treat a minister.
- 1 Tim 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the
younger men as brethren;
D. We often see Pastors and ministers treated with disrespect by
1. Does some of it come from what the children hear from the
IV. Today everything
seems to be child abuse. However there is a Chastening is of the Lord.
- Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons;
for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
A: Chastisement should be given with love. God always does it to us in
How should we do it to our children?
1. Cool off before chastisement. You then can minister it with
a. You say then the children will get off with
out much chastisement, no they will get it with interest. The waiting
for you to administer the punishment is the hardest part the child
receives. They do not know what is coming.
V. It does pay to
honor and obey your parents.
- Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
1. First it is right
- Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on
the children of disobedience:
2. It keeps the wrath of God off of us.
- Col 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for
This is well pleasing unto the Lord.
3. It pleases God. Be as Enoch have a testimony that pleases
4. It will help bring long life to you.
- Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this
Is right. (KJV)
- Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first
commandment with promise;) (KJV)
- Eph 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live
long on the earth. (KJV)
5. Story of the Grandmother of Marge, my wife.
- Ps 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my
Her testimony of her long life was due to Honoring her father
My mother has the same testimony. At the preaching of this
message she is 97 years old and still works as my secretary.
VI. Finally beware of
these last days.
- 2 Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous,
boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful,
A. One sign of the times is the disobedience to parents.
1. Let us as men and fathers do as the Word declares.
- 1 Tim 3:4 AMP He must rule his own household well, keeping
his children under control, with true dignity, commanding their respect
in every way and keeping them respectful.
B. In the last day let us be able to say.
- Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and
the children which God hath given me.
1. We want all the children to be there on that last day.
C. For me nothing is better than to go back and say as John did: John 1:4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles