Abundant Life Crusades
|How to Receive the Double
- John 10:10 KJV The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I. One of God’s Old Testament names is ‘EL Shaddi.’
A. This really means that He is the ‘God who is more than enough.’
B. God is always the ‘God of Abundance.’
1. He promised always to meet our needs. Phil 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
II. Elijah the Prophet.
- 1 Kings 18:36 KJV And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
- 1 Ki 18:37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
- 1 Ki 18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
- 1 Ki 18:39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
- 1 Ki 18:40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.
A. God proves Himself, why did He do such a miracle?
1. God does miracles not to prove who He is and what He can do, but He does them because it is His nature.
a. Miracles are a natural thing to Him, but supernatural to us.
b. What is the nature of God? Look at the Lord Jesus and you see the nature of the Father.
- Heb 1:3 KJV Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
- John 14:9 KJV Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
III. The Mount Carmel Event! 1 Ki 18:15-36
15 KJV And Elijah said, As the LORD of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, I will surely show myself unto him to day.
16 So Obadiah went to meet Ahab, and told him: and Ahab went to meet Elijah.
17 And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim.
19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.
20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.
25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.
31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:
32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
34 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.
35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water. :
36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
A. Elijah means ‘God is God.’
Elijah versus 450 false prophets. (Rom 8:31 KJV) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
B. THE FIRE FELL!
C. He is God!
D. Bal required babies to be sacrificed.
1, We are doing it today. We must speak out on abortion.
a. Israel is the greatest offender of this with the most per capital of abortion.
b. MTV stealing the minds of our children worldwide.
c. 4 years ago there was the first sitcom with a Gay, now there more than 30.
d. Porno, it is an invasion of the spirit of Jezebel.
IV. Elijah had a relationship with God.
A. He walked with God!
B. He had a life of Prayer.
1. Intercession prayer.
2. Man of like passions.
C. He spoke with God’s authority.
D. He was a chosen vessel.
(John 15:16 KJV) Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
F. God supplied his needs.
1. God used the Ravens.
(1 Ki 17:5 KJV) So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
2. He used the widow to supply the needs of the man of God.
3. God can meet needs from the most unexpected means.
4. God did for us in Santiago, Chile when $45.00 was needed, we received a check from a church in Florida for $50.00 addressed with only our name and city on the envelope.
5. He did it in Australia when $4.500.00 was needed to pay for the crusades.
6. In Austria a drunk come off the street to pay for the rental of the hall.
7. A man rushed in from off the street in London, England into the faith Bible School and handed me 5 pounds after I had just given our last 10 shillings to the school.
V. SEE HIM GO!
- 2 Ki 2:10 KJV And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. 11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. 13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan; 14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
A. God see our faith in action.
B. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
(James 4:8 KJV) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
There were six major miracles recorded in Elijah life and eleven in Elisha’s.
The 12th took place in 2 Kings 13:20 KJV - And Elisha died, and they buried him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded the land at the coming in of the year.
- 2 Ki 13:21 KJV And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulcher of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.
HE RECEIVED THE DOUBLE PORTION!
YOU TOO CAN RECEIVE BY SEEING JESUS THROUGH HIS WORD AND THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT POINTS US TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!
God bless you and yours!