Abundant Life Crusades
Personal Ethics for the Followers of Christ!
In this age of cutting corners, 'cheating' in schools, and work, it becomes more important then ever that we as followers of the Lord be examples of both believer and sinner. Jesus said in Matthew 7:20 (KJV) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Then there is Paul's exhortation to Timothy in (1 Tim 4:12 KJV) Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. The way to do this Paul tell Timothy in his next letter in 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. In this outline we point out a few needed ethics for both believer and minister.
- Matthew 7:20 (KJV) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
- 1 Tim 4:12 KJV Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
I. Our ministers should be an example by being aware of their high calling.
- 2 Tim 4:1 (KJV) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 2 Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Tim 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
A. They should do this by following the exhortation in 2 Tim 2:15.
1. Study the Word.
2. Being a workman of the Lord.
3. The follower of Jesus should have a sound prayer life.
4. Original ministries are the result of men and women patterning themselves after the Son of God. - Warren Wiersbe,
II. A minister should fulfill their
duties with the talents, skills and abilities God has given them. 1
IV. A minister should strive to ever
be commendable in manners and modest in appearance. 1 Timothy 3:1-7;
V. A minister respects their
calling 1 Peter 5:2 (KJV)
The world is looking for good
examples--not advice. People take your example far more seriously than
your advice. The most valuable gift you can give to others is example.
For more help and info please visit: