Best is yet
Here is a couple of wonderful things that will happen
to believers when the final trump will sound!
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not
all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an
eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be
raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
I. At the sounding of the last trump
we will shall be changed!
A. First we will rise to meet Him either alive or in the grave.
1. What a day that will be when Jesus we shall see.
2. I am looking for the uppertaker and not the undertaker.
3. In 1987 The belief that Jesus Christ will return to earth
someday was held by 62 percent of all Americans. I am sorry to say it is
less today. Many mock His return.
II. Changed to what?
- 1 John 3:2 (KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth
not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we
shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
A. We shall be like Jesus. Our life and new body will be like His
III. What is His body like?
A. After He rose He ate with His disciples, He passed through
locked doors etc. Read the Gospels.
1. Colossians 2:9-10 (KJV) vs 9: For in him dwelleth all
the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
2. In the next verse read this vs 10: And ye are
complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
a. We are complete in Him.
b. Our body will be just like His resurrected
IV. When we see Jesus, we see the
- John 14:9 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, ...he that hath seen me hath
seen the Father...
- Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express
image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when
he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty
What a Day That Will
There is coming a day,
When no heart aches shall come,
No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,
All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be. .
There’ll be no sorrow there,
No more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be,
With the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be