|The Aged Can be
Many times when people find that they cannot do as much as they did
in the past, they feel as if God cannot use them in their old age.
In this sermon outline we just list a few of the many blessing the
aged can expect and to ask and believe God to do according to His
Word. My mother at the making of this sermon outline is over
95 years old and still going strong for the Lord. Up to a
couple of months ago she worked as my secretary in our ministry.
She still is being used of the Lord.
Old age comes
from God, old age leads on to God.
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)
- Deut 34:7 And Moses
was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not
dim, nor his natural force abated. .
I. We are told by the god of this world that when we get old we
are useless. However, let us see what God says.
A. We can still let our light shine for Jesus.
- Job 11:17 And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday; thou shalt
shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning. .
B. We can be very wise. Have understanding.
- Job 12:12 With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days
C. We can ask God for wisdom. James 1:5 AMP If any of you is deficient in
wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone
liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and
it will be given him.
II. When we are old, does God throw us aside?
- Psalms 71:9 Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me
not when my strength faileth. .
- Psalms 71:18 Now also when I am old and gray headed, O God,
forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this
generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. .
A. We are precious in the sight of God.
III. Can we in old age still be blest?
- Psalms 92:14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age;
they shall be fat and flourishing;
A. Old people have been blessed in our ministry.
1. Years ago in one of our village crusades in Yugoslavia,
young people who had been saved brought an old woman of 100 and she
was saved. We are never too old.
2. In Brazil a man brought to the meeting was healed at age
3. The older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune. English
IV. We can still praise the Lord as we age; it is for everyone,
- Psalms 148:12 Both young men, and maidens; old men,
- Psalms 148:13 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name
alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven. .
V. It is honorable to be old. Especially in third world countries
we see this.
- Prov 16:31 The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found
in the way of righteousness. .
VI. He will never leave us in our old age.
- Isaiah 46:4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar
hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will
carry, and will deliver you.
- Matt. 28: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have
commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of
the world. Amen.
VII. We should be an example in our old age.
- Titus 2:2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound
in faith, in charity, in patience.
- Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as
becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine,
teachers of good things;
VIII. We can still do the Work of God.
- Philemon 1:9 Yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being
such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus
1. Some of Paul's greatest ministry was in his old age.
2. Remember Moses was called to the ministry at age 80.
3. It is better to show up for work in the kingdom of heaven at sunset
than not to show up at all! Erwin W. Lutzer
- Luke 2:37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years,
which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and
prayers night and day.
1. We are never too old to serve God in the Church.
2. My mother said if she cannot go, she can pray.
A. How do we do it? We do it by His Word and Promises.
- Ps 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth
is renewed like the eagle's.
Tis sweet to
grow old in the fear of the Lord,
As life's shadows longer creep.
Till our steps grow slow, and our sun swings low-
He gives his beloved sleep.
- John Wesley (1703-1791)
- For more help and
info go to: www.tonyabram.com.
God bless you and yours.
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
www.tonyabram.com or www.abundantlifecrusades.com