THE ABC'S OF THE
NAMES OF THE LORD GOD!
We teach our children their ABC'S of the alphabet and this is good and
important. However, we must not forget the most important and that is
knowing the Lord as a personal saviour. In this outline we simply go
through the alphabet to give a letter and a Name of the Lord from the
This is an especially good message to
share with the young. They are very apt to remember the Names of the
Lord and who He is in this matter. Then the Lord's Prayer, " Hallowed be
thy Holy Name!" then it will become a reality to them.
A. Is for Alpha the Almighty who is able.
- Revelation 1:8 (KJV) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the
ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come,
B. Is for the Babe who was born in a stable.
- Luke 2:16 (KJV) And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph,
and the babe lying in a manger
C. is for Christ and for Calvary and the Cross.
- Luke 23:33 (KJV) And when they were come to the place, which is called
Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right
hand, and the other on the left.
D. Is for the Deliverer who saves us from loss.
- Romans 11:26 (KJV) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written,
There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away
ungodliness from Jacob:
E. Is for Emmanuel meaning 'God with us;
- Matthew 1:23 (KJV) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall
bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being
interpreted is, God with us.
F. He is the Friend of publicans and sinners.
- Matthew 11:19 (KJV) The Son of man came eating and drinking, and
they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of
publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
G. He is the God whom Thomas confessed.
- John 20:28 (KJV) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my
H. He is the Head of the Church that He blessed. (Col 1:18 KJV)
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the
firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the
I. He is Immortal as He rose from the dead.
- 1 Cor 15:12 (KJV) Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the
dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
J. His Name of Jesus for He will save His people.
- Matthew 1:21 (KJV) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt
call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
K. He is the King on His throne and up above. Revelation 19:16
(KJV) And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING
OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
L. He is the Lamb the proof of God's love.
- John 1:29 (KJV) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and
saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
M. He is our Mediator, the one in between the Father and us.
- 1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God
and men, the man Christ Jesus;
N. He was called the despised Nazarene
- Matthew 2:23 (KJV) And he came and dwelt in a city called
Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets,
He shall be called a Nazarene.
O. He is the Only Son and adored by the Father.
- John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life.
P. Is for the great Physician who healed and restored.
- Mark 2:17 (KJV) When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are
whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not
to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Q. Quench not the Spirit but be filled.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:19 (KJV) Quench not the Spirit.
R. He is the Rock on which we can build.
- 1 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV) And did all drink the same spiritual drink:
for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock
S. He is the Shepherd who cares for His sheep
- John 10:14 (KJV) I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am
known of mine.
T. He is the Teacher whose rules we must keep.
- John 3:2 (KJV) The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him,
Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do
these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
U. He is Undefiled, harmless and Holy.
- Hebrews 7:26 (KJV) For such an high priest became us, who is holy,
harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the
V. He is the Vine in whom the believer abides.
- John 15:5 (KJV) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in
me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye
can do nothing.
W. He is the Way and Life and Truth.
- John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the
life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
X. Is for the Cross where He suffered for YOU.
- Hebrews 13:12 (KJV) Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the
people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Y. Is He did it all for YOU.
- John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my
word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and
shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Z. Is for Zion where the Redeemer shall reign.
- Isaiah 24:23 (KJV) Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun
ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in
Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
- Isaiah 59:20 (KJV) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them
that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
HE WAS DEAD BUT IS COMING AGAIN
- Revelation 2:8 (KJV) And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;