Abundant Life Crusades
IS NOT HIS DENIAL!
In this sermon outline we point out the need for waiting on the promises of God. Too many Christians today want 'Fast Food' answers. We are not willing to wait on the Lord God's timetable. It is not always what we want but His timetable is the best for us because He loves and cares about us so much so that He even numbers the hairs of our head.
- Hebrews 11:1-6 (KJV) 1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. 4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
I. NOAH WAITED FOR 120 YEARS
- Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
A. We see that God's delay is not His denial.
II. Abraham waited until he was 100 years old.
- Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
A. Abraham knew who had promised and what he was looking for.
- Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
1. Once again we see that God's delay is not His denial.
III. Moses waited 40 years for his calling.
- Heb 11:27 faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
A. Then 40 more in the wilderness.
B. We cannot wait a few hours for the answer.
1. We want fast food answers from God. Many miss the answer. How? (Heb 10:35 KJV) Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.
2. Once again we see that God's delay is not His denial.
IV. The faith chapter is the eleventh chapter of Hebrews.
-Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
A. God has provided something better for us. The Lord Jesus Christ, a personal Saviour.
B. He is our intercessor, our advocate and mediator.
January of 1960 I was attending a conference in Minneapolis/St Paul, Minnesota where as a young single evangelist I was planning my first overseas missionary ministry with several Canadian missionaries working in Cuba.
However, the door was closed to me because of the takeover of communism and remained closed for 51 years to me, until now. Once again we see that God's delay is not His denial. A year ago, through our associate evangelist and representative for our Latin American ministry, Antolio Rysko, we began to support 20 Cuban national mission workers. Now we were able to finally go. I told the Cuban ministers in the Worker's Seminar that Marge and I have ministered over the years, in every Spanish speaking country in the world, except one. That one was Cuba. I said that it looks like God has saved the best one for last. They shouted and praised the Lord when we told them that.
It has been a great privilege over
the 49 years Marge and I have been able to preach the Good News of
the Gospel in every Spanish speaking countries of the world. All
Glory, Praise and Thanks belong to Him! Also, to the many that have
prayed and stood with us in faith, many who have gone on to their
eternal reward have had a part in the harvest of souls and work of
the ministry with us. What a day that will be when we all see Jesus
and we meet with all those who have gone before and the ones we
helped to win to Christ! Halleluiah!
God bless you and yours!